October can't come fast enough! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

October can't come fast enough!

Is it strange that I'm more excited for ML Doe/Bear than the opening of Archery this year?
It's bad, it's haunting my dreams bad.
The inline and flintlock are all dialed in and ready.
Even while flinging some arrows and bolts in the back yard, my mind keeps drifting to the ML hunts.

We need a 12-step group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Canít say Iím all excited about muzzy season but the nice bucks showing up on cam have me wanting October to get here!
Have bear tag and lots of doe tags. Shoot the doe to fil the freezer and shoot the bear because theyíre a nuisance Imo. I hope they set a record bear harvest!!!
Wingatchtochwilsit likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:52 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Is it strange that I'm more excited for ML Doe/Bear than the opening of Archery this year?
It's bad, it's haunting my dreams bad.
The inline and flintlock are all dialed in and ready.
Even while flinging some arrows and bolts in the back yard, my mind keeps drifting to the ML hunts.

We need a 12-step group.

No it ain't strange. Deer every where this year and being out with the flintlock when its not freezing or raining ice is a treat. If we don't make meat by 9am the first day I'll be surprised.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:00 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

This season is an awesome opportunity and I hope lots of hunters are able to get out and take advantage of it. I'm also interested in seeing how this season impacts the sale of muzzleloader licenses. I think this will lead to a renewed interest in muzzleloader hunting among many.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

It most likely won't increase muzzleloader license sales as you don't need a muzzle loader license to hunt bear in the muzzle loader season, a bear license and a general license is all that is required.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 02:45 PM

Not sure what's happening to me. Didn't get a muzzleloader stamp this year. I didn't even bother to send for a doe license. I had 3 doe tags last year, but didn't really hunt for a doe. I think my days of filling doe tags are over. I got an archery stamp this year but not sure how much I will go. I even have the week of early muzzleloader off of work. I think I might spend it chasing my new passion, waterfowl hunting. Started getting somewhat serious about it last year. So far I'm liking it. Totally different scene for me, but it's all good.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker7 View Post
Not sure what's happening to me. Didn't get a muzzleloader stamp this year. I didn't even bother to send for a doe license. I had 3 doe tags last year, but didn't really hunt for a doe. I think my days of filling doe tags are over. I got an archery stamp this year but not sure how much I will go. I even have the week of early muzzleloader off of work. I think I might spend it chasing my new passion, waterfowl hunting. Started getting somewhat serious about it last year. So far I'm liking it. Totally different scene for me, but it's all good.

You gotta hunt your own hunt Windwalker. Tuscarora said Those who have one foot in the canoe and one foot in the boat, are going to fall into the river. Meaning you cant concentrate on two things. All that matters is that your out there enjoying it. Good luck, good hunting.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 04:09 PM

it takes so long to get but seems to fly by , when it finally gets here
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 10:08 PM
Sage

Can't wait!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

The itch is getting BAD!

Setup a GP tent at the property this week (crazy construction delays, looks like we're "roughing it" this year lol. Not too rough though. We'll have heat and power in the tent...)

Hogged around the blinds and cleaned up the lanes. Plots are doing great.

Someone forgot to turn on the cams after the last cutting and bailing... So no pics since the 2nd week of August... but plenty of action on the cards prior to shutoff, including 2 nice looking bears.
Will see when I get back up in 4 weeks.

Getting the left knee scoped on 10/8. Praying the doc is right with his predictions... Either way, I'll be in the woods for ML.
Definitely not dragging anything this year.. but that's what ATV's and a nephew are for.
Loggy likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page