Cmon Saturday - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Cmon Saturday

My dad who is 73 bought a inline several years ago and loves it..We would go to camp so he could deer hunt and I would grouse and woodcock hunt.. I finally broke down and bought a G4 ultralight..Sighted it in on Saturday and man does it ever drive tacks... couldn't believe it.. I might even use it in rifle season... I can't see any reason not to.. Good luck to everyone going out Saturday... I'll be in 3b..
Loggy and Buckskin Dave like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Agreed, cmon Saturday. I'll be taking the flintlock out in the afternoon, will also be out the following Saturday afternoon and might take an all dayer during the week..
Buckskin Dave likes this.

I kill because I'm hunting, but killing is not the reason I go hunting.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Banned

I have to wait a week... Brother and I take the last Thursday and Friday off to get a 4 day weekend (3 hunting days) in.
Usually works out well for us... typically a few degrees cooler, with a chance of overnight frosts.
There's zero other hunting pressure on the property we hunt, so we don't have to worry about someone else changing patterns or spooking things before we get there.
This is usually the longest week of the year for me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:02 PM

I took vacation for next week to hunt with the flintlock. Now the wife hit a big doe with an older car. Will be trying to get a new car as quickly as possible to salvage as much of the week as I can.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Banned

Saturday for me means our 2nd annual camp out/grouse hunt. I was debating going out , but am really not a big fan of the early ML deer season. I prefer hunting small game between now and Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Blue Bird; 10-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Frequent Contributor

still looking forward to it even though the weather shows rain in the morning, if i can get the kinks worked out of mine.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:43 PM
The Man

Since I just had bilateral hernia surgery a week ago, Im not sure Id be able to take care of a deer, get it out of the woods, and get it in the back of my truck. I'm gonna hunt squirrels on Saturday and give myself one more week to heal. I'll be out with my inline for the last day.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlman View Post
My dad who is 73 bought a inline several years ago and loves it..We would go to camp so he could deer hunt and I would grouse and woodcock hunt.. I finally broke down and bought a G4 ultralight..Sighted it in on Saturday and man does it ever drive tacks... couldn't believe it.. I might even use it in rifle season... I can't see any reason not to.. Good luck to everyone going out Saturday... I'll be in 3b..
I have a G4 Ultralight also and completely agree with your statements on it. It is a great inline, especially at its price. Good luck on Saturday.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlman View Post
Well good luck and good hunting to you and your dad fowlman. Ill be out there as well.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I am ready!! shot the .62 at 75 yards, it is zeroed at 100 and I am good out to 150 if the conditions are right. good luck to everyone going out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0135.jpg (326.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0136.jpg (264.4 KB, 20 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page