anyone have the cva accura lr? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

anyone have the cva accura lr?

I'm at a crossroads and need some advice. I am in the market for a new inline. I have an older cva Optima pro that is good for 100 to 150 yards but where I'm hunting is an army base and is muzzleloader only. I have the opportunity to take close to 200+ yard shots at some massive bucks. I was looking at the cva accura lr with the 30" barrel. just wondering if anyone has one and has shot long distance with it and if that extra 2" of barrel is worth it.

when I hunt I sit so theres not a ton of walking around looking for deer.

I know 200 yards is pushing it for a muzzleloader but I am a good rifle shot and regularly shoot out to 600 yards with my rifles. with my current inline I'm presented with alot of long shots but dont take them because I know they're beyond the capability of the gun but not me.

any advice or real world reviews that aren't written by a shill writer for a gun mag? thanks.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:16 AM
Regular Visitor

The optima pro is plenty for 200 yards. You should be looking more into your powder, projectile and a good quality scope. Not another rifle.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

It was my first inline. I bought it super cheap because the previous owner sucked at cleaning it so the barrel is basically a gutter pipe at this point. It still shoots ok about 2 or 3 inches at 100 yards but it really opens but around 150 to 200 yards. I want better. Besides you can never have enough guns haha.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 03:45 PM
sun
New Arrival

If you read enough buyer reviews for the different Accura models, you'll find at least a few reviews from people who have shot the rifle at 200 yards or more.
One in particular with the 25 inch barrel used a lead sled and a Nikon BDC scope and shot out to 250 yards. One circle of the BDC was 10 inches low, while another circle was dead on with 2 shots at 1 inch apart.
Another with the longer barrel and 2-7 Nikon mentioned group size as being 4 inches at 200 yards.
Many reviews complained about the Konus scope that comes in the combo. package.
But it seems pretty evident that the scope and the rest would be the limiting factors if shooting at 200+ yards with either of the Accura barrel lengths.
While there's always a possibility that buyer reviews are written by shills, if a person hunts down enough reviews and searches enough gun forums, they will most likely find a pattern of reviews that seems very convincing.

1. https://www.cabelas.com/product/CVA-...tabsCollection

2. https://www.cabelas.com/product/CVA-...tabsCollection

Even The Guide has a review of a 1 inch group at 150 yards, another said that he could hit water bottles at 200 yards, and that was with the packaged scope & longer barrel.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...cope?a=1770048

Last edited by sun; 09-04-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page