Gotta love thefts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Woke up this morning to start my day and found that some scumbag broke into my truck and stole $700 in cash, my wallet with all my plastic man money and tc encore inline. So I had the cops come out and they did some fingerprinting. What a long day this has been. Dealing with the cops, cancelling cards, running to the bank to get new accounts (stole my checks with my account info along with my ID) but I canít get new accounts or debit cards until I have a current drivers license or ID. Guess Iím headed to the local DMV in the morning then back to the bank. So if anyone comes across a tc encore inline for cheap around the Cranberry Twp area or surroundings shoot me a message. Iíd like to personally buy it back from them if you catch my drift. Hehehe

Last edited by bgbuck153; 01-18-2018 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Gotta love theives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 05:46 PM
Frequent Contributor

What a crappy day, sorry you had to go through that buddy. I'm not too far from cranberry, I'll keep my eyes peeled in the greensburg area

I believe in God, family and fair dealings.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 05:57 PM
The Man

That stinks. I had some druggies break into my truck and steal trail cameras a few years back. I got lucky and they didn't get my 9mm that was under the seat. They did it while my truck was parked in my driveway right outside my bedroom window. I couldn't believe that either me or my dog didn't hear it going on. Never would have believed that would happen where I live. I never go to bed anymore without locking up my truck and don't ever leave anything of value in there anymore.
Hope they catch them, but honestly, the way the criminal justice system is, all they will get is a slap on the wrist anyway.
ROOSTER COGBURN and Pahack like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 06:03 PM

sorry to hear about that. i would worry about identity theft too.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I had my kimber custom 1911 45 shoved between the seats, aG7 BR2 rangefinder and Swarovski ELís in the truck but they missed them. How about my ELís and rangefinder weíre laying underneath the gun. Whew Iím glad they were at least kind enough to be stupid and leave me those Jemís behind. Yeah Iíll be changing the way I do things now.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

a good many years ago after a morning of fishing in mid summer heat, I stopped for a beer at a local bar. I had two fishing rods and vest along with a S&W .22 revolver on the floor in the back. some one broke the side window and took the two rods and vest, but left the revolver and the belt and holster. they had to see it, why they didn,t take it I,ll never know. but I,m glad they didn,t take it and it sure tought me a lesson. eastbank.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Sage

It does stink but I am going to question the elephant in the room. I will never understand why would anyone leave large amounts of money, credit cards and a firearm in a vehicle over night or at all, when every day the police logs are full of vehicle break ins? I hate thieves, I think they should be shot on sight. However leaving valuables in a vehicle is like knowing someone is going to throw a right cross and you lean into it. Yeah I know I will take heat for my comments however, vehicle break ins are very common and we need to take responsibility for our security and vehicles are anything but secure.
willyp, bohunr, jkhunter and 16 others like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Last edited by Woods walker; 01-18-2018 at 07:20 PM.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:23 PM

Firearms are much more of a penalty if caught stealing them, I think that is why they are left behind sometimes. A state Trooper told me some of these pistols being stolen 50 miles from Pittsburgh are showing up in crimes within a matter of hours. Three low-lifes broke into my sons house several years ago, took several bows, couple pairs of Swarovski binoculars, some other odds and ends and money. We notified all the local sport shops right away, the next day the one guy tried to sale the one $1500 bow to one of the shops. They got caught and all just got a slap on the wrist, and one of them had an extensive criminal record, they never made any restitution that the court ordered. They actually told that they didn't take any of his guns, cause they knew the penalties are much more severe for firearms. The three weren't even from the area and were out riding around and were picking houses at random to break-in and that looked like nobody was home. Sad world we live in, but if it isn't bolted, chained or welded in place, somebody is going to eventually steal it.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Frequent Contributor

A year or so ago my truck was hit by some thieves while I was on a jobsite in Harrisburg city. They rooted through everything but all they got was some loose change. They rooted through my cds but guess they werent fans of willie,waylon, george jones and the like cause they left them all!
demoman54 likes this.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:37 PM

I hope everything works out for you . I had some low life open credit card in my name several years ago ,got it straightened out.my advice to you is get Lifelock , they charge a fee but it is worth it they monitor your credit ,credit cards and bank accounts , check them out for your peace of mind

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page