TC Endeavor Question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

TC Endeavor Question

I have a 50 cal TC endeavor, i use 3 50 grain pyrodex and a 230 grain hornady bullet. For the life of me i cant get the gun to shoot better then 3". I clean the ML after every shot to ensure that nothing will mess with the accuracy, like spent powder. Any ideas on what i should change or try?

"My wife's upset cause I'm going again, though my tags are filled I've got to guide my friends."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: TC Endeavor Question

Go down to 2 50gr pellets---You do not need 150 grains of powder. Try the T/C Shockwaves(I use the 250gr shockwaves)instead of those 230's.
I bet you will shrink your groups!!!!!!! Mine shoots sub moa with that recipe.
JMHO

Dave

ONLY THE DUMBEST SHEEP ELECT THEIR BUTCHERS

3D in PA
7R in NY
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Part of the Community

I just got the Endeavor barrel for my Encore and found that the Shockwaves would not shoot well out of it. The 250gr Hornady SST's are almost touching holes with 100 grains of Pyrodex now. I am heading to the range tomorrow to try some different charges and powders now that I have found the bullet. Its only a matter of time now before it is shooting one hole!

Mathews Z7 29" 69#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 AM

From my experience all these muzzleloaders are different and all will shoot different loads. A couple friends of mine and myself all have Encore's and they all shoot different. What works for one doesn't the other. You just have to try different bullet and powder combo's. First off I would scrap the Pyrodex and switch to 777 or the new Staghorn. I haven't worked with Staghorn yet but have worked with all the others with both accuracy and velocity tests over the chrono. Nothing came close to the velocity or consistency of velocity to the 777 by a long shot. My current load in my Encore is 120 grains of loose 777 with a 250 grain Barnes Expander sabot- moa accuracy and 2215 fps.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 01:53 AM

Pyrodex is an EXCELLENT powder! T7 often leaves a crud ring that needs to be swabbed between shots to get a new load down, i also found it to be inconsistent from one range outing to the next. Pyrodex is a little dirtier to clean up and the end of the day but by gosh, its got 30 years behind its name and consistent, reliable and accurate, its just that!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 AM
The Man

I agree, all guns are different, you have to just mess around with the charges and the bullets a little till you find the one that it likes. Good luck!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

When I started to develop a load for my 209x50--I bought 6 different kinds of sabots and found the Shockwaves to shoot the best(3 touching at 100yrds). I use 777 pellets(2-50gr)and have been pleased with them.
You need to try a few different combos.
Good Luck
Dave

ONLY THE DUMBEST SHEEP ELECT THEIR BUTCHERS

3D in PA
7R in NY
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Regular Visitor

my groups got extremely better when i got away from the pellets. I shoot 250gr SST ML, and now i use 777 FFG loose powder 130grs in my inline and im more than happy with my groups and i shoot iron sites, going to do a lil more work on it this week, but i cant see my groups gettin much better unless i go to a scope, na... good luck to you.

Knight Muzzeloaders, Well...just because.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Regular Visitor

just a thought, forget pyrodex, its dirty and it stinks, go with 777, and ive been shooting my in line exclusively, there no need to clean after every shot after the 10th maybe, but not after every shot. Just my opinion.

Knight Muzzeloaders, Well...just because.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:18 AM
The Man

I also have good groups when I use only 2 777 pellets in my Endeavor. I also use the 250 Yellow tiped shockwave bullets. The DVD that comes with the T/C gun gives some good info...The person that did the T/C video claimed 120 grains of the loose 777 and the T/C Shockwave 250 grain bullet gave him the best accuracy....I have yet to try that in mine, the loose 777 since the two 777 pellets shoots so well...
I think I am going to use mine for the regular deer season this year????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page