DEC/JAN Flintlock License - The Outdoor Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 474
Back To Top
DEC/JAN Flintlock License

Howdy Folks,

I just came back from the local country store, getting my hunting licenses for the first time since moving here early in February. Anyway, I wanted to insure I bought my December/January license for the flintlock hunting season but forgot to ask specifically for it. Looking over my licenses, I have one tag that has the title "Antlered or Flintlock Tag" on it.

Question, is this the tag I needed for that specific hunt?

Thanks in advance.

Chaos USMC

P.S. Still searching for my first flintlock if you have one for sale, thank you.
Chaos USMC is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 12,735
Back To Top
No. You need an additional flintlock muzzleloader license....think they call them privileges now since stamps aren't used. Believe it's $11 or something but could be mistaken.

The antlered/flintlock tag is your buck tag. Shoot a buck in archery, rifle or flintlock and use that tag. If you choose to, you can shoot an antlerless deer anywhere in the state with a flintlock and use that tag on that antlerless deer...but that's Flintlock season only with a Flintlock and have to have the Flintlock add-on...that season traditionally starts Dec. 26th.
mauser06 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 474
Back To Top
Thank you very much for the feedback Mauser06...

Chaos USMC is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Berks County, PA
Posts: 7,255
Back To Top
Mauser got it, but just to be CANNOT shoot an antlerless deer on that tag in the October muzzleloader season. That season is anterless ONLY for muzzleloaders, and you MUST have an anterless tag for the WMU you're hunting. Doesn't matter if you're using a flintlock or not.

For the Flintlock season, which is specifically the season in late December and into January, then you can use the tag for an antlered or antlerless deer anywhere in the state, if using a flintlock (doesn't apply to bowhunters, who have a season then too).

You can just go add the muzzleloader privileges with another trip to the licensing agent. You can add them at any time.
tdd is online now  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pa
Posts: 2,432
Back To Top
Yes, if you don't get a buck during the regular season, then you can use the tag for either a buck or doe during the flintlock season, BUT only if you have a muzzle loader license first. That tag is not the muzzleloader license.

Last edited by Blue Bird; 07-21-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Blue Bird is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome