Impressed with my Pro Hunter - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Impressed with my Pro Hunter

I never could get my OMEGA to shoot good groups with the Magnum loads of 150 grains of pyrodex. It always shot the 100 grain loads great and was a tack driver out to 100- yards but I never pushed it beyond that.

Today I spent all morning at the range with my new Encore Pro Hunter 209x50 magnum. And boy am I impressed. It loves the 150 grain loads with the 250 shockwaves.

I sighted it in to be about 1.5 inches high at 100 yards then I put a 11 X 17 sheet of paper up at 200 yards and drew a black dot about 4 inches on it and colored the dot in.

I cracked off three shots aiming right at the top of the dot and was looking through the 3 x 9 scope and couldnt see the holes. I figured I missed the paper at that distance. To my suprise when I walked up to the target there were three holes in the lower edge of the black hiding from me. It was about a 2 1/2 inch group at 200 yards man was I impressed.

Im officially ready for the Indiana state gun season this weekend!!!!.....WOOOOOOO!!!!

Your just jealous because I've been chatting online with babes all day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Re: Impressed with my Pro Hunter

Sounds great!Good Luck!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

My Encore is the same way. Will shoot 1 ragged hole at 100 and 1 1/2 inch at 200 the only difference is mine likes the 250 gr Hornady SST's. Lost a little meat on my doe from them but all she did when I hit her was drop straight down, did not take 1 step ! Bang Flop

Guns are like socks you can never have enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 01:32 PM
The Man

That's awesome, I think at some point and time I am going to have to add one of those puppies to my arsenal.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
That's awesome, I think at some point and time I am going to have to add one of those puppies to my arsenal.
You really should mackgee!! I know of some Ulitmate ML owners that went to the ProHunter!! I owned a Custom Henry Ball 10 ML-II plus a factory laminated 10ML-II...& neither came close to the ProHunter as far as accuracy plus all the other unsurpassed features the TC Pro Hunter has as a factory offering!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
The Man

I don't think I will be replacing the Ultimate Muzzleloader. I am getting 3/4" to 1/2" center to center groups out of it. You never know though, I have been eyeing up a custom Pro-hunter that might have to be added here soon. I am still in the thinking about it stage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page