I guess I read it wrong! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Varmintmist

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I guess I read it wrong!

I purchased a resident hunting lisence along with a muzzle loader stamp after the bonus stamp deadline. I thought I would be able to harvest a doe with the muzzle loader if I harvested a buck in the rifle season. After reviewing the license I've noticed there is only one game tag for one deer.
So correct me if I wrong....if I shoot a buck in firearm season I'm done hunting deer for the year even though I have a muzzleloader stamp.
Reading is fundamental!
Thanks people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:27 AM

Yes, you would be done hunting unless you have other tags.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADMAN View Post
Yes, you would be done hunting unless you have other tags.
Thanks Wadman...now I know why I don't hunt Pa. I like to travel outside of this state to hunt. Things are much easier, all lisences are sold over the counter with much clearer understandings and you don't have to prepare 6 months in advance just to purchase a tag. Why wouldn't they sell a doe tag along with a specialty lisence such as archery or muzzleloader. Has me baffled, although that's not hard to do...lol

Last edited by casey; 11-27-2016 at 04:15 AM. Reason: poor language.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 12:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerNut View Post
Thanks Wadman...now I know why I don't hunt Pa. I like to travel outside of this state to hunt. Things are much easier, all lisences are sold over the counter with much clearer understandings and you don't have to prepare 6 months in advance just to purchase a tag. Why wouldn't they sell a doe tag along with a specialty lisence such as archery or muzzleloader. Has me baffled, although that's not hard to do...lol
Really? A CO type draw system looks like folks thought wacky weed was legal 50 years ago.

It is simple and written, wait for it, in the digest under deer. http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...ndex.html#deer Not only is it written in the digest on the first deer page under the bolded part where it says one permit one deer, it is written on the antlerless page (in the sentence saying flintlock, bullet point 5) http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...rless_licenses . It also appears under big game regulation. http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingt...me_regulations Taking a doe with the flintlock in flintlock season on a antlered tag has been around long enough that it is considered tradition. So if you dont want to hunt here ... Well,,,,,, bye.
bucksnort1 likes this.

Every day you see it on the news. Another felons life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire.

Last edited by casey; 11-27-2016 at 04:16 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 06:07 AM
The Man

You may use your buck tag to take a doe in the late flintlock season., BUT if you've filled your buck tag then you are done unless you have a doe license.

I gotta go agitate the techies!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 07:10 AM
Part of the Community

That's why I don't buy a stamp now until after buck season.

Reward Equals Effort. Nothing is Free

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page