post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Day 3, Oct. 20th

if anyone is going out let us know how you made out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 PM

Re: Day 3, Oct. 20th

It's nice weather to be out there but I hold out for the after Christmas season. I gotta have snow to feel like hunting anymore. I don't go out much in regular firearms season much anymore because of no snow most of the time. My style of hunting is spot and stalk or still hunt which doesn't work to well this time of year.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
DJS
Frequent Contributor

Well for the first time in a long time I took my T/C Pro Hunter out instead of the Hoyt. I had them both with me and wasnt feeling well this morning. Instead of going to a ladder stand with both I decided to go to a box blind with the T/C. At 7:25 i look down and thought "oh know, here comes a buck!" I put my Steiner 10x42's up and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a huge pope and young doe! As she walked to me I put the Pro Hunter out the window and waited. Of course my sling hit the blind and made that ever so loud noise when everything else seemed quiet! We all know those noises don't we? She looked right at me. It was the ever so popular stare down. She turned her head as if to run, but offering a head shot I took it. Yes folks a head shot with the T/C! The smoke cleared and the doe was down. All of the sudden I wasn't feeling so bad!

Be yourself and no one can tell you that your doing it wrong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

got out for a little while but I had more ticks on than I wish to count. I'm gonna try to make it out first thing in the morning.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaring america
got out for a little while but I had more ticks on than I wish to count. I'm gonna try to make it out first thing in the morning.

I take it you have not read any of CrowMagnumMan, Dave T or I's postings in the past 2 years on how to keep those ticks off you?

If you had, you wouldn't be posting about having so many ticks on you, you couldn't count them!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

well put it this way. I had more ticks on me that i have seen in my entire life combined. It was an area I usually don't hunt and I won't be hunting there any time soon. I only went in there because the wife was visiting her parents and it is very close by.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

This evening I took my flintlock out to watch a field, I spooked about a 4-point buck, then towards 6:30 I saw two antlerless deer come out. I guessed them to be at a long 100yards. Being greedy I aimed for the bigger of the two deer which was also about 10yards farther away. Puff. I picked the touch hole reprimed it then tried again. This time my flint did not make a good spark. On my third try I got a nice BOOM with a big cloud of smoke covering my view. Then I saw one deer going into the woods. Then I saw a second one going more slowly into the woods. After reloading I went and checked the field and woods for blood, but did not see any. :'-( I walked the distance off as being 120yards, which might explain the miss. So, I decided that after poking around woods I probably would not see to much more so I started walking for home. About 500yards later and one fence row up I jumped three deer. Oh, well maybe tomorrow.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Got out this morning after a miserable night with a sick son. Got out late (8:00) since I didn't get to sleep until 4:30. Walked in the woods to a grass cut and in less than five minutes had four does feeding at the end of the cut. Unfortunately, I did not see the fifth doe but she sure saw me so off they bounded. My second hunt day is now gone since I will be home with my son tomorrow.

GBJ
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 PM

Went out from 3 till dark after work and didnt see a deer anywhere!Did have a beautiful grey fox come right under me though!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 PM
The Man

Hunted from 4 til dark, busted a doe on the way in and saw
lots of turkeys.

I'd rather be fishing or hunting!
Youth Chairman of Chapter 803 PF, NEPA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page