Opinions Please!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Opinions Please!!!

I have a chance to buy a Traditions Pa Pellet Accelerator muzzle loader off of a friend of mine. He won it at a gun bash and will not use it and offered to sell it to me. I have never hunted with a flint lock and I am at the time of my life where I have some extra time I can spend in the woods.
I would like to hear the pro's and con's of this gun if any of you other members have owned or shot one before. The only time I shot a muzzle loader is once when I was a child at a local gun range and other than that I don't know much about them. Any help and opinions are welcome!!!

Be very very quiet!!
NRA Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Banned

Re: Opinions Please!!!

If you have the extra time to practice before heading into the woods then go for it. My Pa Pellet has been great. I shoot pyrodex pellets and not powder with powerbelts and have not had any ignition problems while hunting. I have found through practicing I need to put a little more powder in the flash pan and push some into the hole for reliable ignition. I have been getting good accuracy out to 50 yards. I'm sure it is accurate beyond that but I won't shoot at a deer with it at more than 50 yards so I haven't practiced at more than 50.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yeah, I wasn't planning on hunting with it this year if I bought it. I want to shoot and get familiar with it and hunt with it next year. So that gives me a year to practice with it. Thanks for the info!!

Be very very quiet!!
NRA Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Regular Visitor

I started in 1990 with flintlock hunting and love it. It is my favorite time of year to hunt. It does require some practice and is not always guaranteed to go boom when you want. I shoot 80gr behind a patched roundball and have taken many deer with it. In short give it a chance you might really like it.

You can be part of the problem, part of the solution, or part of the landscape. Its up to you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 pa pellet rifles, If you look at the breech plug and you need an allen wrench its better than the newer models. The newer model has a tiny hole from the loading end to the touchole hole, to get good iginition i drilled the hole bigger. was terrible with bp. now its vg.
Just my 2 cents worth. There is an old post here that a man had lots of problems with his new pa pellet.
Best of luck, Stan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page