Made it to the range to shoot my muzzys. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

Made it to the range to shoot my muzzys.

When i got there a man was shooting a flinter.Every 10 minutes it would cloud up,like it was going to storm and then move away!It was warm out.
In a short period of time there was 5 of us there!4 of us were older guys and one younger guy. By younger,i mean in his mid 50's! [HA-HA].
I am not good at off hand shooting. When i am hunting i like to have a tree or a rock,to shoot from? I use a rest to sight in all my guns.
A fellow says he wants to put up a couple of targets,to check his 2 deer rifles. We clear the range and he goes out to 100 yards and puts up a shoot and see target and an 8 inch paper plate. In between us shooting the black powder guns,he stands up,off hand,fires a shoot and puts the one gun back into its case? We fire another round of smoke poles,he shoots his other rifle. "I don't hunt anymore,i loan these out famialy",he says. "I just wanted to see if they had messed the scopes up?"
We left him go bring his targets in,as he was done??? Well 2 shots,2 targets,2 guns, off hand,older guy,2 BULLS EYES!!!!!!!!! The best centered bull was an old Savage Mod.99,in 308 and the other gun was a Remington-700/243.
Here i am,shooting at 50 yards,off a bench rest,a 50 cal.with 2ff powder and the target looks like you ran it thru a sewing machine???
I got 2 inlines shot in,finaly,these are my loaners!

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page