Red dot on an inline - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Red dot on an inline

Hello to everyone viewing this. I recently got a TC Omega inline it had a rail mounted on it with no iron sights. I happen to have a Bushnell TRS-25 sitting around and was wondering if it would perform well or even withstand the shock from the charge. If any of you have tried a red dot on an inline, please let me know how it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Red dot on an inline

I have no doubt that a decent red dot would hold up on an inline, but with that being said i think you would be at a slight disadvantage if you were shooting any distance with your inline.

Most of the red dots are very little to no magnification, they dont gather light very well for early/late shot opurtunities. But it is your gun, and i have no doubt that it would work for ya, stick it on and try it out, thats realy the only way you will know.

Look through it in different lighting conditions, at different distances and see how it works for ya.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 12:43 AM
JGR

Personally I'd spend a few dollars and get a nice scope for on top of it. Good shooting comes from good optics.

JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Thanks guys, I'll try it out and see, but first I have to buy a breech plug for it! JGR if I choose to go with a scope, is there a specific scope that you recommend for an inline?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014, 02:21 AM
JGR

Full disclosure the only TC I own is a Hawkins, my inline is a Knight. I have a Leupold UltimateSlam on it and love it. Started the cheap rout and had a fit with getting and keeping it sighted in, finally spent the money and have been content ever since. I would recommend this scope for any muzzleloader.

But I guess my 1st choice for a TC Omega would have to be the Nikon Omega. I mean it's made for the rifle.

But it's all about budget and what fits you. My brother has a Tasco on his and is content. When you find the right scope it's like finding the right woman, you just can't imagine being happy any other way (but less demanding and cheaper). I carry mine as many days during regular firearms season as much as I do my .25-06 or my .308.

JR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page