Disability Claim application visability of???? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 11Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Question Disability Claim application visability of????

Question for people who use the State of Pa VSO to submit a claim to the Veterans Administration for a service connected disability.

Once your claim was submitted to the VA via the VSO wire (Computer) how long was it before you could track it in E Benefits file? How barbaric it is that when the claim goes forward the VA computer system does not send back a confirmation saying we have your completed package for review... I see in the file that my authority for the VSO to pursue for me has established a date. Also a blurb that 1 application submitted. However I see nothing showing the VA actually received the claim.

I did see on the average that it does take 111 days for the VA to make a decision on a veterens claim.. I'm concerned if they even received my completed package.

My VSO no longer is working for my county and I have to wait until they select a new person. Hence my concerns about everything...
Any info a Vet that did see his or her package show up and what was the estimated time frame that you saw it in the VA file?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 03:39 AM
Regular Visitor

I haven't used anyone in PA but in 2015 I submitted a claim through a VSO in Delaware. I think it was a month or so before it showed PENDING on VA.GOV. It was submitted on September 15th and I received an answer on December 17th. I was originally told to expect at least a 4-6 month wait. I logged on to va.gov every few weeks to check the status.

As long as your VSO did his job there should be no problem. Mine had the personality of a door knob but he got me results. Good luck with your claim.
uncle buck likes this.

USAF retired
NRA Life Member
RMEF Life Member

Life is hard, it's harder if you are stupid--John Wayne

Last edited by ScottG.; 06-26-2019 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Added info
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I would like to say how great the Federal VA is now... I have had my 4 physicals that I required. Not at a VA facility but at 4 different private practices... So things are now changed that President Trump is in office.

Now the state rep... That's a different thing. MY PA paid VSO didn't send my application forward. I lost 57 days.. I had to follow up over and over and was told all kind of things that weren't true.. Once I shook the application loose the VA (Federal received it at the blink of an eye... Within 12 days I was going to my first physical... I was reimbursed for all my travel from my home and return to the private sector doctors etc.. I received the travel checks real fast too. President Donald Trump any Vets that don't vote you in 2020 is a fool.
NorthernPotterCo likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
The Man

All finalized now... The Federal Veterans Administration acted promptly. Thank you President Donald Trump for all of your efforts to improve the Federal VA system. More benefits are coming down after the New Year for veterans with just a service connected injury and 0$ disability payments.. I suggest anyone that has been injured in the service to visit one of our State VSO and submit a claim to the VA... You at least will want something confirming that you at least have a service connected injury to obtain the 2020 benefits..
NorthernPotterCo likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

ScottG and unclebuck , thank you for your service and I am glad it worked out well for both of you
uncle buck and bohunr like this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-16-2020, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
The Man

If there is any guidance I can give to people in the military is If your not feeling well go to sick call. So much easy to prove things about your disability if you can prove it...Things like skin cancers, hurt knees, flat feet, can be ID to your military service but it has to be in the file.. Maybe your skin use to break out when you were in the tropics... etc..
Wainzoid and jimbridger like this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-16-2020, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Being that I was on a CG Cutter that was small... We would be shooting the 3 inch mount on one end of the 210 along with the 50 cal machine guns and the turbine and marine gas engines on the other end. The end result was hearing loss. They compared my hearing test when I went in and compared it when I got out of the CG 4 years later.. Sure enough I lost my hearing...By all means see a VSO Veteran Service Officer at a legion or VFW or your county and find out how to get your hands on the health records.. Compare your hear test data that is surely in your health records. enlistment vs discharge..
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
All finalized now... The Federal Veterans Administration acted promptly. Thank you President Donald Trump for all of your efforts to improve the Federal VA system. More benefits are coming down after the New Year for veterans with just a service connected injury and 0$ disability payments.. I suggest anyone that has been injured in the service to visit one of our State VSO and submit a claim to the VA... You at least will want something confirming that you at least have a service connected injury to obtain the 2020 benefits..

I got out Feb 29 2008 and was in the system at the local VA March 15th 2008 and my disability claim was sent in via the DAV on the 16th of March 2008. The claim was completed in May of 2008 and the first check came in June of 2008 with back pay to 15 March. There was one claim rejected so the DAV gathered more information that took until Sept 2008 and the claim was accepted the second time around by mid Oct 2008. Back pay was sent dating back to the original March 2008 date.

Even before my disability claims were complete I used outside facilities for a few of the test needed. I never had an issue with the VA system.

I guess I should point out that President Obama was in office and it moved along smoothly. Waugh!
uncle buck likes this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Unread 02-01-2020, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
The Man

President Obama did sign a HUGE veteran package $$$$$$$$. Check on it nothing happen.. They, VA customer up front people at the window ate it all up for overtime. Might have been diverted too. Where did that money go to that was provided to the VA during the Obama administration?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in