Where and When? - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 10:50 PM

Ft. McClellan Alabama. Jan 21, 1987.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 01:24 PM
The Man

Lackland AFB Texas 1982.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 03:58 PM

Parris Island SC 1978 until 29 Stumps 2008. Waugh!
jimsdad likes this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:06 AM

Parris Island SC, Sept/December 1980.
jimbridger likes this.

Sgt USMC '80-'87
>>>---->
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 08:19 AM
Regular Visitor

U.S.N., Great Lakes, Company 308, summer of 1963 then Va-172 Cecil Field Jacksonville Fla and F.D.R CVA 42
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:22 PM
New Arrival

Great Lakes, IL. Jan-Mar 1984. Very cold. At one or the temp with wind chill was -80 below.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Got talked into joining the Navy by a couple of high school friends, figured with a little luck maybe I could spent a few years in nothing but sunshine, and no cold weather. So in September of 64 I boarded an air plane headed for San Diego California's Naval Training Center. Made it back home after boot camp to central PA for part of deer season, next stop, A school in Memphis TN for 5 months, hello sunshine and warm weather. Got my new orders the end of April, headed for Newfoundland for 18 months, WHAT, this is not the place I signed up for. The only place where I've ever been where the only vertical snow fall was the first one, rest were all horizontal. Was asked toward the end of my tour there by a NG when does summer come here? Told him the first one I encountered, last year, started on July 20th, this year it was July 23rd, but I had duty both of those days and missed it. Left for home the beginning of November with 30 days leave and a bunch of travel time for S2E aircraft familiarization school in Key West Florida, YES. Then a month later ,the beginning of January, I'm in Quonset Point Naval Air Station, Rhode Island, dang it's cold here, but made deer season again. Made a 3 week shake down cruse to Saint Thomas in the Virgin Islands aboard the USS Essex CVS9 in April though.That was an interesting trip, Captain ran the carrier aground coming into Saint Thomas harbor and we got to ride out a hurricane coming home. Come the end of May we once again boarded the Essex and headed for the North Atlantic, NOT AGAIN. It did including a short time floating around the Mediterranean Sea though. Got back to the good old USA at Quonset Point the end of September, had some leave coming so made part of deer season again the beginning of December. Discharged from there in December of 67, got back home in time for doe season.

So tell me again how those few years of warm breezes and sunshine worked out for me. Lol
jimbridger and SlickShot like this.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.

Last edited by Coureur De Bois; 01-05-2019 at 04:49 PM.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Frequent Contributor

Enlisted in the national guard when I was 17 Oct 2001, Basic was at Fort Sill OK in the summer of 02, AIT was at Fort Knox in the summer of 03. I was a 19D.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page