Facebook page for Grouse Hunting Addicts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Facebook page for Grouse Hunting Addicts

Hey guys,

I created a page called Grouse Hunting Addicts on Facebook. If you have Facebook, and like to hunt grouse please give that page a like for me, and participate. I want to grow it from not just PA hunters, but with hunters from all over the U.S. If you do like it, share it to your friends who may also like to grouse hunt.

Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/grousehuntingaddicts

I am hoping to get some great insight form hunters from all over, and opinions on this page. I want to have a community of grouse guys who are eager to learn, and share knowledge, on guns, dog training, and finding coverts. Feel free to share pictures, ask questions, post thoughts, share links, brag about your dog, you name it post it.

I am not trying to sell anything through that site, just figured it would be a great way, to talk with like minded indivuals, who share the love of grouse hunting from all over the country. If I can get enough like and grow the page, I may be able to reach out and have some give aways or something like that, but need to get a good base first.

If you do share a picture, that is uploaded from your smart phone, be sure your gps is off. Some times the file name would contain GPS coordinates. I don't want some dead beat finding your grouse covers!

While you're at it give HuntingPA a like as well

https://www.facebook.com/HuntingPacom

Thanks guys,

Mike

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Facebook page for Grouse Hunting Addicts

Duuude, you should consider snapchat. that way all our posted hotspots will be deleted after 10 seconds.

ps i'll give you a like
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
The Man

lol thanks for the like.

maybe I should go all mainstream and develop a pro-staff!

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Part of the Community

Send a message via Yahoo to Game_Hunter

I "liked" it this morning to later log on here to find out you made it! It was in my "suggested likes"

Trapping goals:
1/5 Red fox
0/5 Gray fox
0/5 Coyote
8/20 Raccoon
0/15 Muskrat
2/0 Possum
0/0 Skunk
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 08:23 PM

I am hoping to get some great insight form hunters from all over, and opinions on this page. I want to have a community of grouse guys who are eager to learn, and share knowledge, on guns, dog training, and finding coverts.

Mike [/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that's what this website was about. Anybody in the country with a computer should be able to access Hunting PA.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
I am hoping to get some great insight form hunters from all over, and opinions on this page. I want to have a community of grouse guys who are eager to learn, and share knowledge, on guns, dog training, and finding coverts.

Mike

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that's what this website was about. Anybody in the country with a computer should be able to access Hunting PA.
Even the Amish disperse for new blood, plus by branching out one gets to come across a whole new crop of internet experts.

If guns cause crime, mine must be broken.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmike
Hey guys,

I created a page called Grouse Hunting Addicts on Facebook. If you have Facebook, and like to hunt grouse please give that page a like for me, and participate. I want to grow it from not just PA hunters, but with hunters from all over the U.S. If you do like it, share it to your friends who may also like to grouse hunt.

Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/grousehuntingaddicts

I am hoping to get some great insight form hunters from all over, and opinions on this page. I want to have a community of grouse guys who are eager to learn, and share knowledge, on guns, dog training, and finding coverts. Feel free to share pictures, ask questions, post thoughts, share links, brag about your dog, you name it post it.

I am not trying to sell anything through that site, just figured it would be a great way, to talk with like minded indivuals, who share the love of grouse hunting from all over the country. If I can get enough like and grow the page, I may be able to reach out and have some give aways or something like that, but need to get a good base first.

If you do share a picture, that is uploaded from your smart phone, be sure your gps is off. Some times the file name would contain GPS coordinates. I don't want some dead beat finding your grouse covers!

While you're at it give HuntingPA a like as well

https://www.facebook.com/HuntingPacom

Thanks guys,

Mike
I dont do Facebook and although I admire your enthusiasm to learn, grouse hunting is not a social media adventure. From your usual posts , I would say you are learning as much as could be known about coverts and bird behavior. Experience is the best teacher. Grouse hunting is for the patient person who appreciates the time in the outdoors for little return. Compared to some other game anyways. A trip to the big box hunting store will show they dont cater to the small game hunter. Im not trying to be negative just trying to make the point of keeping the upland gunning simple and pure. Your doing fine it looks like. All you need is a dog, a gun and time enough. You will value it more in the long run. There is more info on here than you will ever need or was ever available to past generations.
Regards
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
The Man

This site is about that but just wanted to hear from people across the country, and such. Facebook is a powerful tool, for bringing people together with common interests. I still believe that grouse hunting is pure in every aspect. I see no reason not to share strategy and talk grouse hunting with many others from all over the country.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 AM

Your page is looking good .... Looking forward to discussing some late season tactics and sharing some pics.... Great Idea...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks. for the like.

Feel free to post any pictures and things like that. Have a decent amount of likes with not a ton of action so far.

Maybe have a small give away of flies tied with grouse feathers could get it going a bit better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page