Ladies & Gentlemen,
Here in Pa Grouse hunting has always been done with a traditional sporting outlook. What is meant by this is
all birds must be shot flying, not in the trees or on the ground. Further most Grouse hunters hunt with a companion Grouse dog, either pointing type or flushing type.
In reality there is a lot to learn if you want to become an accomplished Grouse hunter, starting with purchasing
a Pa hunting license & Woodcock stamp.
1. Picking a Bird Gun, which Shotguns & why.
2. Gun operation & safety.
3. Learning to set up and shoot properly.
4. Understanding the Game laws
5. Learning to choose proper clothing to Grouse hunt.
6. Learning how to carry your shotgun safely while
7. How to pick Shotgun Shells.
8. How to pick a gun dog that fits you & your home.
9. How to transport your Gun dog & hunting equipment.
10. Picking a place to hunt. What habitat is best.
11. How to train your Gun dog, feed and house it.
12. Understanding the triangle Grouse hunting technique.
This is just some of the education needed to become a serious Grouse hunter.
Pick a catagory and discuss what you have learned over the years you have Grouse hunted.
Talking it over with the girls.