Sunday Hunting? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Sunday Hunting?

Hey folks. I am from Georgia and am planning to come up and do a little bird hunting in October. The regulations are a little confusing to me and I don't fully understand Sunday hunting. Is no hunting allowed in the state at all on Sunday or just on SGL's? Thanks, Mark

Man of God
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Sunday Hunting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid fire
Hey folks. I am from Georgia and am planning to come up and do a little bird hunting in October. The regulations are a little confusing to me and I don't fully understand Sunday hunting. Is no hunting allowed in the state at all on Sunday or just on SGL's? Thanks, Mark
Sunday hunting is strictly forbidden in this Commonwealth because everybody who lives in Pennsylvania is Amish. That's what my friend from Texas tells me. Oh yea, you can't buy beer in grocery stores either. You have to go to the state controlled speak easy. I'm not kidding! (sort of).... Ok, they are called beer distributors.

Seriously, there is no Sunday hunting in this state except for crows during certain times of the year.

The horizon is your starting point.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Trappereric, thanks for clearing that up. I will be coming up on a friday so that will give me a good day to do some sight seeing. I hate to lose a day of hunting but it is what it is. Can i run the dogs with no gun or is it a day of rest that is respected by the community?

Man of God
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 AM

Nope come on up get your license and shoot starlings,crows,and english sparrows and shoot as many as you want on sunday.Run your dogs if you want.You buying your license pays for the gamelands you'd be using. Day of rest? If you want to do something do it.Also if you get furbearers license shoot some fox and coyotes for coyotes you can hunt without furbearers.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmasters243
Nope come on up get your license and shoot starlings,crows,and english sparrows and shoot as many as you want on sunday.Run your dogs if you want.You buying your license pays for the gamelands you'd be using. Day of rest? If you want to do something do it.Also if you get furbearers license shoot some fox and coyotes for coyotes you can hunt without furbearers.
X2, plenty of species and activities in PA on sundays, enjoy

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4c_game_chaser
X2, plenty of species and activities in PA on sundays, enjoy
Pretty much true except hunting. Every other outdoor activity is unrestricted. Many of which are more dangerous and cause as much if not more trespassing concerns.

Saying that we can hunt some species on Sundays and should be happy about it is like saying that Sunday fishing should only for bullheads and bike riding must only be done in driveways.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Frequent Contributor

Crows, certain times of the year may be hunted on Sundays, also COYOTES. We cam trap on Sunday but not hunt fur bearers on Sunday, except coyotes.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dog
Crows, certain times of the year may be hunted on Sundays, also COYOTES. We cam trap on Sunday but not hunt fur bearers on Sunday, except coyotes.
And Fox

DeadRiver AKC Beagles
home 2G
camp 4D
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Rapid fire,
Make sure you get your copy of the Pa Game Laws as you purchase your out of state license, and make sure you read and understand the laws. There are certain things you are allowed to hunt here in Pa on Sunday, our regular big and small game are not part of the Sunday hunting package however.
Good luck and have fun.
Pine Creek/Dave

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmasters243
Nope come on up get your license and shoot starlings,crows,and english sparrows and shoot as many as you want on sunday.Run your dogs if you want.You buying your license pays for the gamelands you'd be using. Day of rest? If you want to do something do it.Also if you get furbearers license shoot some fox and coyotes for coyotes you can hut without furbearers.
Im beginning to think that those of us who really support Sunday hunting would be well served to suddenly take a huge interest in those pursuits and start hunting them with a passion. Let the general non hunting public or those on the other side of this coin grow accustomed to seeing hunters afield on Sundays. Guys wearing orange in a sgl parking area, hearing some shots from a fencerow. Let them grow accustomed to seeing this and if they question it they will find that it is already legal. It's only the game in question. The principle of it, if there ever was has already been established. Sunday hunting is already legal (in that regard.) Let's take full advantage of it in numbers previously unseen. And then if they want to attack the law to stop us from doing it, they would have to prove it unconstitutional. I think it holds merit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page