Wake Up Call - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Wake Up Call

Wake Up Call

Quote:
"...If we had tried to devise a federally supported plan to wreck our wildlife habitat, ruin our wetlands, and empty the Treasury, we couldn’t have done it better.

What we are witnessing is a trifecta of disastrous effects. The crop insurance, the ethanol mandate, and the record global commodity prices driven by the hunger of 7 billion human beings have resulted in a frenzy of plowing, draining, and planting of corn and other crops, leaving little room for wildlife or birds, and few buffers to protect water quality from pesticide and fertilizer-saturated runoff. We’ve lost 25 million acres of grass and wetlands in the past 25 years--the greatest conversion since the decades leading up to the Dust Bowl. The pace is astounding- we’ve lost more wetlands and grasslands in the past four years than we did in the previous 40. South Dakota, the pheasant kingdom, reports 500,000 acres converted from grass to crops since 2007. North Dakota reports a million since then. Although the conversion is most extreme in what is known as the Western Corn Belt- the Dakotas, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa - demand for wheat from Asian markets is causing Montana farmers to convert conservation lands and grasslands to crops, too...."

A Perfect Storm of Wildlife Habitat Loss—and How to Stop It
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...nd-how-stop-it

Life After CRP
gf.nd.gov/gnf/private-lands/docs/life-after-crp.pdf

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Re: Wake Up Call

I totally agree with the second 2 as I don`t know much about crop insurance.

1. Ethenol is a scam and should go away.
2. We need to stop trying to feed the world.

We are over populated now. Starvation, wars and disease use to thin us out. I may sound harsh, but I believe over population is the biggest polution.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Wake Up Call

The thing that always gets me is we have people starving right here in the good old USA and we worry about feeding all these people in all the forien countries. Nobody helped us when we had Katrina come through annd several others, but if that happened somewhere else we would have been the first to be there and forget about our own people.

Blend in or go hungry !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page