Gunning is what we do in our family - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Gunning is what we do in our family

Gentlemen,
Sense the thread (Payng your Dues) on my brothers Grouse hunting went over pretty well and it stirred up some conversation I figured you might like to see another member of our family.
Long ago I introduced my brother to a cute lady that I became friendly with while shooting at the Nemacolin Shooting Acedamy in SW Pa. Now this particular lady was the assistant manager and level II shooting instuctor
at the Nemacolin club. No doubt about it Barb was a serious gunner, however shooting clays on the line and Grouse gunning are two different things. One day while Kurt and I were shooting the clays course that had been set up for practicing Grouse gunning by Bill Reid, Barb drove by with some of her students and stopped to show her students the different ways we gun. The class was allowed to join us for a couple stations and some of them began to think they were pretty good with their guns.
Of course we had played down our practice session to make them feel real good and several of them started ribbing my brother. Ofcourse my sister inlaw got a big kick out of this, not many people jerk my brothers chain, I kind of had a big smile on my face also. The next stand was the multi swivel stand with the side to side and up and down
launchers. We called it Chucks house of pain, after one of the pullers. Barb put on a serious shooting demo, and had the class shoot after her using her clays gunning techniques, gun up safe off, facing the range. After they were done Kurt stepped up on the
gunning platform, his back to the puller, gun down safe on and said, lauch doubles at will, six clays were thrown with
4 sec pauses between the true doubles, from launches that swiveled side to side and up and down. The guy who's eyes had been operated on seveal time, turned and with a smooth mount shot every single clay to pieces, all in different direction and different heights. The class kind of stood there in disbelief staring. Barb says to her class,
ladies and gentlemen, my husband Kurt and his brother David. As they drove away on their golf carts Kurt looks over at me and only smiles. I told him you know you are going to pay for that later on don't you. Yea he says, but it was worth it.
Pine Creek/Dave

My beautiful gunning sister inlaw Barb on the cover of Clays Magazine, the only shooting she does now, is with my brother, she is happy in her new home with Kurt.

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page