2012 Pheasant Season - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

2012 Pheasant Season

I knew that this upcoming pheasant season was going be a good one but it has already surpassed my expectations! I have seen more hunters this year than I have ever seen pheasant hunting..hunters from all over not just Pennsylvania! Everyone I talk to has had a ton of action and can't wait to get out again! I want to thank the Game Commission for not just the increase in birds but for the all the hard work they have done over the years putting habitat on the ground..the fruits of your labor are starting to show! Many have experienced some quality upland hunting this past week thanks to all your efforts! This Saturday I ran into a fellow hunter with an English Setter who had just harvested a rooster and he was happier than can be! He told me that he has been at it since Opening Day and that he forgo go going into the Grouse Woods because he was not going to be denied harvesting a ring neck! He said the birds were running and giving his dogs fits! I told him he wasn't alone and that these ring necks smarten up real quick and are a challenge to hunt and our prize to harvest! Good Luck to everyone the rest of the season!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Re: 2012 Pheasant Season

You're right HollowWatcher, it has been a good season. I've also seen many out of state hunters around home. during the week it seems like 75% of the trucks at the game lands are from Va. or Md. I guess that kind of shows what Pa has to offer that our neighboring states don't.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: 2012 Pheasant Season

We've had a great season so far starting with the grouse opener, and it's only gotten better. There seems to be a feeling of excitement and optimism that I haven't seen in a while. The PGC deserves a lot of credit for this. I've often said that we lucky to have a commission that " GET'S IT",when it comes to small game hunting and what it means to the future of hunting in general. The amount of out of state hunters is proof of this. If you have a bird dog and have been out these last couple of weeks in Pa., you've probably had plenty of action. But it's not just the upland bird hunting, if this Forum is any indication of the type of rabbit and squirrel hunting Pa. has to offer than were in very good shape. So thank you PGC! We are very lucky indeed.

It's breeding,training...and something unknown.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page