GL 249 Adams County - Info Needed - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Sage

GL 249 Adams County - Info Needed

I have never been to these game lands before. I have seen and been told there are rabbits on it. My question is, is one parcel better than another? There appear to be five sections to the GL.

Here's hoping that someone can provide a bit of information. Plan on being at one of them in the morning. Willing to travel to beat the brush for a bunny.

If anyone needs a partner in the area tomorrow or would like to meet - let me know. I miss few possible places for a rabbit to hid, and will even bark on occassion if need be.

Coming out of Waynesboro if a better location is better.

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: GL 249 Adams County - Info Needed

249 has alot of bunnies..Hunters run beagles on it all the time...Tomorrow the entire game lands will be PACKED with hunters.There will be rabbit hunters,pheasant hunters,squirrel hunters and archery hunters...You may easily see 100 trucks along the dirt roads.Your best bet is to hunt another area tomorrow that you know is lightly hunted and go to 249 on weekdays starting next week.Good Luck...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Sort of figured that.

Week days are out. Need to look for a plan B.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Bluetick,to access it go to Gettysburg to Route 15 North and go up to 2 EXITS to the Heidlersburg EXIT..Get off at the exit and turn left. Cross over 15 and go a short distance into town and turn left onto another road South that parallels route 15...Go maybe 1 mile south into a slight dip and I think there is a bridge there and turn right onto a dirt road and you can hunt anywhere there you see PGC signs.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burk313
Bluetick,to access it go to Gettysburg to Route 15 North and go up to 2 EXITS to the Heidlersburg EXIT..Get off at the exit and turn left. Cross over 15 and go a short distance into town and turn left onto another road South that parallels route 15...Go maybe 1 mile south into a slight dip and I think there is a bridge there and turn right onto a dirt road and you can hunt anywhere there you see PGC signs.
The roads you are looking for are Twin Bridges Road and Gamelands Road. You can also access part of that SGL from Stone Jug Road. All these roads are off of rt. 234.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Made the trip over. No luck, but a great day beating the brush and fields.

Arrived just before 7 and found the guys and dogs already shooting in the fields.

Trying to avoid the gangs was tough for the first hour or so. Thinned out after that. Still lots of guys out.

Great game lands. The crop and cover crew and LM deserve a tip of the hat. There is considerable effort put into that game land and it shows.

One suggestion would be some rabbit cover. Most everyone i talked to said they hadn't seen any rabbits there for years.

There are deer there. They were bouncing around like pin balls most of the morning.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM

I have seen a few rabbit hunters there but they are usualy out during the week when there is less hunting pressure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page