The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Junior Pheasant Hunts

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  timberdoodle 
#1 ·
How did all the junior hunters make out? I had my two sons and their friend out this morning. They were done by 8 am and heading to breakfast. Great dog work and good shooting by the boys. Organism Tree Plant Trunk

See less See more
#5 ·
Our Pheasants Forever Chapter had forty eight youth registered to hunt today. My hunter this year was a good shot. We had two points, two birds up, he shot a total of two shots and had his two pheasants.

I think we had a couple kids that didn't show up for their hunt for one reason or other. I asked how many pheasants were harvested and it was thirty three at that time. But, there were still about eight or so kids out in the field on the their hunt. I suspect the total for the day was close to forty birds harvested during the mentored hunt.

Some of our members were heading back out with other kids who hadn't yet limited out after all the scheduled hunts were finished but I got busy with other things and didn't get a final number of birds harvested for the day.

I have a youth scheduled to hunt Tuesday evening after school and will try to get another one or two lined up for evening hunts this week.

We have another forty four youth registered to hunt next Saturday.

Dick Bodenhorn

#12 ·
Thanks, I forgot rabbit starts tomorrow. New squirrel did.
Thinking about taking the grandson squirrel hunting tomorrow night, and I’ll take the muzzle loader . That way he can shoot some squirrels, and if a doe shows up I’ll just change guns with him. He has his muzzle loader license and doe tag, so we can hunt both.

#15 · (Edited)
Closed until next Saturday, the opening of pheasant season

So the answer is No. not ok

(c) Additional prohibitions. In addition to the prohibitions contained in the act pertaining to State game lands and § 135.2, except with the written permission of the Director, it is unlawful to:

(24) Engage in dog training activities on small game from the Monday prior to the start of the youth pheasant season until the opening of the regular pheasant season in § 139.4 (relating to seasons and bag limits for the license year). This paragraph may not be construed to limit dog training activities on any other public or private lands or waters not designated as State game lands

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.