The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Moving pictures from Photobucket to Imgur

511 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Born2Hunt 
#1 · (Edited)
I was poking around in some of the old "photo success" threads from past years and found that most pictures were on photobucket, and they are intentionally blurring the pictures unless you pay a monthly hosting fee. While they have every right to charge whatever they want, and the blurring is an improvment over the "unavailable" image they used to put up, I'm not willing to pay them when there are so many other photo hosting sites that do it for free.

I had hundreds of hunting photos (and thousands of soccer photos) on photobucket but have decided to move some of the more memorable hunting photos over to imgur. I've shown many of these in the past, but figured I could link them in here again.

Most pictures are from hunting with my setter Jackson, with a handful from hunts with my Miley my Lab. Both dogs are 11 years old and I'll be following them around again this fall.

A successful first day hunt with Tim.

South Dakota sharptails

Back when we were allowed to hunt the week after Christmas

Bronze and Black ruffs framing my Model 31

A limit of woodcock bench pressing an Ithaca Flues

The pic that made Jackson famous (and got him on the cover of Fish and Game across the country)

A couple of those gaudy looking birds with an old 870.

The Ithaca Flues in it's 100th birthday year

A very memorable 15 minute hunt with Miley

A Pennsylvania intermediate phase grouse

Ruffs on the rocks

The shed bird

It's hard to tell how long the truck was in there, but it's not any more. The last time I hunted here I found that someone had pulled it out.

Sharptail vs Prairie chicken markings (sharptail on left)

For the fans of fans

See less See more
#3 ·
I can almost smell the intoxicating fragrance of burned powder, fall leaf litter and wood smoke.
Hear the crunch of sticks crunching under foot and the gentle ring of my dogs silver bell as she noses the ground.
Feel my heart jump into my throat as a game bird breaks cover directly under my boot.

Thank you.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.