Anybody seeing Rabbits on SGL? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Anybody seeing Rabbits on SGL?

I guess I had better get a hound to sniff out them rabbits because I'm getting tired of kicking the brush and not seeing anything. How are you other fellas doing ya getting some rabbits on the game lands?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 08:28 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

We had some going the other day, see more foxes and hawks. Whats the season on hawks? HaHa
Waynzee likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 08:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

we have good numbers here and have for many years. I wish I still had my beagle, this is the kind of weather to be out!!!! had one hanging around yesterday while I was painting the targets on my shooting range. I should load up the .32 flintlock and take a stroll around out back.
bohunr and Waynzee like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Ive been out on Saturdays and have shot 8 so far been averaging about 2 to 4 jumps per outing. Ran my dog today didn t take the gun and he jumped 2 and brought each around 3 times,was a nice day to be out before this very cold weather hits the next couple days. Im hoping to go with my son this Saturday if weather permits.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 PM

I saw a lot of rabbits on several different parts of SGL # 44 while I was pheasant hunting this year. There were some part of it that were simply amazing the number of rabbit tracks in the snow. I could have shot a bunch of them but will not shoot anything on the ground around my dog.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 10:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Actually saw quite a few this year. I didn't shoot any. I have a lot out behind the house and some under the shed.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Regular Visitor

As I've previously posted I've been doing fairly well as far as rabbits are concered. A typical outing for me consists of starting @ 7am and walking untill about 11. On any given day I would expect to flush about 5 rabbits, give or take. I don't know if that is great or not, but its good enough for me to have fun doing it. The snow makes rabbit hunting more interesting for me anyway. It keeps my awareness up because there is basically rabbit tracks everywhere you look.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Wow, sounds like some of you fellas are having great success. Early on in the summer I see some rabbits on the GLs but whenever it gets to winter the darn things seem to vanish. I've tried hunting them early morning at daybreak and late afternoon just before dark and not much luck.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:27 PM
Part of the Community

We don't have many rabbits my way either. There's always a bunch around in summer and early fall but once they start harvesting all the crops are rabbit cover turns into a barren waste land!! I do deer hunt a spot and trap a private spot that has great rabbit cover and I always see rabbits in there and a lot of time multiple rabbits. So if you have the briars and cover to support rabbits usually the rabbits are there. But unfortunately I dont think in my area we'll ever see great rabbit hunting cause there confined to small areas with cover left and can never spread out!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Part of the Community

Surprisingly seeing more on game lands then ever before
Muzz likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page