Back To Top
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the thick stuff
Proposed changes for 2018/19 Pheasant hunting
The PGC Board of Commissioners gave preliminary approval to the following changes related to Pheasant hunting in 2018/19.
- Require junior hunters to have a pheasant stamp, but there is no cost for it
- Dissolve the Somerset WPRA
- exempt from pheasant permit individuals currently exempted from licensure by statute (My note: I have no idea who this means. I thought everyone was required to obtain a license, though many are "free" except for the $2.90 processing fee).
- allow privately acquired pheasants to be hunted and killed on private property without requirement of a pheasant permit. Private land pheasant hunters don't need a pheasant stamp if they stock their own land and the birds are banded, tagged, marked or receipted.
- Open WMU 2a, 2c, 4c and 5b to both hen and rooster hunting. The only remaining rooster only WMUS will be 4E and 5a (because of WPRA's)