Issues with out resolution at powderbourne - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Issues with out resolution at powderbourne

A friend and myself hunted Powderbourne yesterday and it had to have been the worst experience Iíve had. For those that know it we were in fields 4-5 and they put others in 7-8 with 6 being a safety zone. After the guides left the other parties dog goes busting into field 6 kicking up birds and chasing them clean into our field kicking up 2 birds in our field. I let it go as a over excited dog and a poor handler. However as the hunt progressed their party and dog entered into our field 4 other times hunting. I yelled to them and nothing, after the second time i called Powderbourne and one of the girls in the diner answered and had no idea what to do, so no help. I emailed them after the fact and have heard nothing in response from them, not sorry, nothing, so after many years of going there Iím done. Iíve had good days there, and some bad but nothing like that. Idc about the fact that there was a problem, what gets me is they offered no resolution, ie removing the other guys, changing fields, nothing. Clearly a problem if they are taking money with out upholding their policies.

It's no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage

Since you didn't say you spoke to anyone other than the phone call while you were hunting I am going to assume you did not. If I were you, I would either call or drive back there and talk to someone who has authority and nicely and mater of factually tell them what happened, and that when you called to complain and make them aware of your hunt being messed up because of other customers and the employee you spoke to did nothing. That is what I would do it the incident was eating at me. Since your other hunts were enjoyable I would bet they will give you a discount on your next hunt.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You ever try Martz's in Dalmatia, PA. They are within driving distance of Levittown and offer a nice experience if you are looking for that type of hunt.
Dogface likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

When i called. It was s woman working the restaurant that had no clue what to do and could offer no assistance.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Sage

Then you need to speak to the manager or owner or someone with authority, if the people in charge don't know it happened they can't do anything.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

So far emailed them yesterday and got no response. I started looking for other places yesterday and found a place 35 minutes away from me in New Jersey and it only cost 2 dollars a bird more and they have chukar and quail

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:33 PM

Sean B. I second Martz's Game Farm they are very professional and a third generation owned family business
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hill View Post
Sean B. I second Martz's Game Farm they are very professional and a third generation owned family business
X 3. 110 % class act with customer satisfaction and safety oriented at all times.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 04:53 PM

Stopped going to Powderbourne years ago. The last time I was there I was with a few guys to shoot sporting clays. The "trapper" was clearly hung over and we ended up basically helping the guy navigate through the course. He was really in bad shape and since all of us had, at one time or another, overindulged we wanted to help the guy. Then somehow some dead shot landed on a neighbors back porch and insanity ensued thus sending us off on an alternate path to finish the course. However, we had a terrific lunch with outstanding food, perfect service and at a good price. We now do Lehigh Valley and Wing Point.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 11:22 PM
Banned

Preserves are for dog training and hardly considered hunting. It is common sense that young dogs get excited and run off the small assigned parcels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page