Win Some Stuff, Get Fed Good, Create Grouse Habitat - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Win Some Stuff, Get Fed Good, Create Grouse Habitat

Attended this banquet in WILLIAMSPORT last year (and the shoot this past summer), since then this chapter has sponsored a habitat project in Sullivan County on State Forest. They also got Penn College's forestry program onboard to help complete tree felling work, not just doing the work but also learning about grouse biology and habitat requirements to take with them into their professional careers as our future land managers (and biologists if they opt to continue their education). Long story short, the project is also serving as a pilot project to some future collaboration between the PGC and DCNR on getting some significant amounts work (acres) done throughout the rest of the state for ruffed grouse.

From their website:
$40 dinner ticket includes - the chance to win the door prize, 1 free adult drink from the bar, hors-d'oeuvres, display appetizers, multi-entree buffet, coffee, and dessert. There's a nice price break on youth tickets, who get an allotment of free raffle tickets.

This is a very bird-dog oriented chapter... pointing dog training, shotguns, a new and fully-equipped LCS pigeon loft, gift certificates for training birds and preserve hunting are just a few of the many things that will be going home with someone that night. (Plenty of stuff for other hunters too, rifles, gear, etc) and enough other items to appease non-sporting spouses.

Here's the event page - 2nd Annual Conservation & Sportsmen?s Banquet ? Healthy Forests ? Abundant Wildlife ? Sporting Traditions

If guns cause crime, mine must be broken.

Last edited by Lyco Setter; 01-24-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

http://www.northcentralpa.com/life/p...25c550595.html

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Lyco, I just saw this but it's too late to get in the program. Contact me for next year for a non-attending sponsor.

"The wildlife and it's habitat cannot speak for itself. So we must and we will." Teddy Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 07:03 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnappelman View Post
Lyco, I just saw this but it's too late to get in the program. Contact me for next year for a non-attending sponsor.
Lynn, it is definitely not too late to get in on this Saturday's banquet in Williamsport. You can pay by credit card on our website, Susquehannagrouse.com. We'll even take a check at the door if we know you're coming. Hope to see you there.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Lynn, hope to see you there.

Thanks for thinking about supporting the Grouse next year.

Dean
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Genetti is a great place to have it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-setter View Post
Lynn, it is definitely not too late to get in on this Saturday's banquet in Williamsport. You can pay by credit card on our website, Susquehannagrouse.com. We'll even take a check at the door if we know you're coming. Hope to see you there.
I can't make the banquet and it's too late to get an ad in the program. It's better tax benefit to make a business sponsor donation than a personal one. I'll send you the money next week but want it to go towards next year's banquet.

"The wildlife and it's habitat cannot speak for itself. So we must and we will." Teddy Roosevelt
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

The ad/banquet program today is being finished today... so it could make it- also a recap about the event will be listed on the News section of the chapter's website indefinitely - which will list all donors and sponsors. Appreciate the interest.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page