After Xmas pheasants - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dipNrip

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-26-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

After Xmas pheasants

Hit up a gamelands in 2A. Was pretty nasty out with the wind. Got 1 rooster in hedgerow right away and another one I I walked by on my way to pick up the one I shot only flushed after I was heading back on the trail I was on original. Took off so fast over the trees I didn't even have a chance to shoot.
Kept walking further back and into another hedgerow and found some scratching sin the snow. Made a cirvke around to see if I could catch him in the field since it was way too thickto try tracking. On may way back to where I started found tracks heading into a field. Followed them for a bit before getting out of the field to circle him. Didn't take long and he flushed. Missed the first shot but hit him good on the second one.
Then the fun began. I was hoping he went into field where he landed but instead circled back into the hedgerow. Found some blood and tracks but could not really follow them due to how thick it was. Circled the hedgerow until I found and opening and tried a couple areas but no tracks coming out either side. Spent a good 45 minutes before I was about ready to give up as I could barely get through it. Finally went back to where I started and looked under the briars and down trees. Finally made him out but was still alive. Didn't feel like running through the hedgerow so fired two shots from a short distance. But saw he still was still there due to how thick it was as the shots never made it through. Finally made a third shot which did the trick. Must have barely penetrated the brush as there was no damage to the breast meat.
Lynnappelman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page