Pheasant stocking this Friday night? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Pheasant stocking this Friday night?

So a buddy of mine said he saw online that pheasants weren't being stocked on the game lands until after hunting hours this Friday (10/31) so that working folks get a fair chance on Saturday. This sounds like something someone posted in hopes to keep some people from taking off Thursday and Friday. I can't find anything on the game commission sight verifying this. Have any of you all heard of this sort of thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Re: Pheasant stocking this Friday night?

I believe I either read, or heard, they stock Wed. Thur or Fri. The few times that I've been out on a Friday the past few years, they indeed stock on that Friday, after 4 PM or so.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

But you've neither heard or seen anything official? The whole thing doesn't sound right to me. I don't know why the game commission would put a 3 day window up so you wouldn't know exactly when to hunt and then post the exact day somewhere that wasn't game news. I've had a 4 day weekend planned for while now. I don't want to cancel the days off only to have them stock them Wednesday night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:04 PM

Not true in my area..
Birds are stocked on sgl's during day..
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM

Simply telling you my experience partner. I THINK they stock towards the end of the weeks USUALLY Thurs. or Fri. And it has been my recent experience that the stockings were late in the afternoon towars dusk.

Pheasant are like Trout, a Put & Take resource. The PGC wants to maximize hunter satisfaction (most get out on Saturdays), thus, they stock accordingly. Just a stated fact. I believe that is why the PFBC actually went to stating the EXACT day of Trout stocking instead of just announcing the week of. Maximize Fisherman experience.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM

OK, I did some legwork for you, and found where I read it. It's on the PGC website

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=600829&mode=2

If you look at the dates they stock they are ALL Wed/Thurs/ or Fri.

I should add. On the website. Go to Hunting, then Pheasant, them click on the Pheasant Allocation page. They have the breakdown by Region. Click on the Region you want.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

I'm specifically asking if anyone heard the news that they were stocking this Friday evening after hunting hours. I am fully aware of the pheasant allocation program and the link that you provided.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Ok then. If you are "fully aware" of the link to the PGC website, and you "fully understand" it, then why would you believe somebody that tells you they are "midnight stocking" on Fridays ? Like I stated, there are THREE days officially listed on the PGC site, and I have NEVER seen them stock after the sun went down by choice.... running late perhaps for various reasons, but NOT by choice. Believe what you want.

Why not just take the days you have scheduled off, relax, and enjoy the hunt ?

Quote:
I don't know why the game commission would put a 3 day window up so you wouldn't know exactly when to hunt and then post the exact day somewhere that wasn't game news.
Call the PGC and ask them why they put up a 3 day window. And it's posted on an official site... not the "Game News". I'm getting the impression you are arguing for the sake of argument ? I believe I'm done with my "help" ? Go get 'em.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Frequent Contributor

Go to SGL 243 in Montgomery County next Saturday at 3:30 am. I have an informant who told me that an insider at PGC headquarters told him that a guy at a bar told him that a shipment of Columbian Jumbo Ringnecks will be left in an unmarked crate by the tree to the left of the gate at exactly that time.

That's all the information I have.
This is your mission should you choose to accept it.

This message will self destruct.

These are the good old days.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not sure where your buddy might have heard that.

Common sense tells me the PGC isn't going to pay their guys overtime to stock birds on Friday night after shooting light.

Did you ask him where he saw it online?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page