The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

shot in the 220

928 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Treestand 
#1 ·
finally got to shoot my 220 swift i bought about a year ago. its my new yote gun. it was pretty windy but shooting factory federal premium ammo i can get a nice tight group. how high at 100yds should i sight in if i want it on at 300? im shooting 52 gr boat tails.

#4 ·
b&ghuntre said:
My Mark III is 2.5" high at 200 yds. 55 gr. 3813 m.v. Don't know about yotes but g-hogs I hold on nose at 300 yds. hits in chest-throat, after 300 I start at top of head then cross hairs on top of head and so on out to 500. What gun is your swift...later
older ruger m77 with tang safety. always wanted a 220 and found it on the used shelf last year. just never got around to scoping it. till now.

#5 ·
i just ran it on my ballistic program for you . Try 2.5 inch high at 100 should be on at 300 but all this plays in to a perfect world. The only problem here is at 175 you will be 3.5" high. I would zero at 200 yards and learn holdover or dial the scope. down load a ballistic calculator there are some free ones on line and work by it.

#6 ·
Nice, I've had a Mod77 tang red pad in 270 since 70's great gun. Always thought to have one lighter to carry my mk.III to heavy strickly chuck gun. Would like faster twist swift so i could use heavier bullets mine is 1-14, better a faster twist for swift the gettin .223. Look on handloader.com too. Data is good to read but shootin at the different ranges is best all things are alittle different. Love talkin 220's not alot of guys to do so. Best .224 cal. ever made all the rest try to catch up. Good Luck good shooten...later

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.