Hooked - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Hooked

Guys...shot my 3rd gobbler of my life a week ago....just wanted to say I am hooked on this hunting! I love it...I am ticked off I didn't buy a 2nd tag. Don't know why I am so turned on to it all of a sudden, but it's probably from hearing those birds answer. If that doesn't get your heart pumping, then you really aren't a hunter. Hope everyone is having a ton of fun...they really are a great animal! Be safe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Hooked

I've hunted them in year's past, but this year is the first time I actually was excited to hunt them. I don't know what's different this year, but man do I really love spring turkey right now!

For those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings as eagles..
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxc
Guys...shot my 3rd gobbler of my life a week ago....just wanted to say I am hooked on this hunting! I love it...I am ticked off I didn't buy a 2nd tag. Don't know why I am so turned on to it all of a sudden, but it's probably from hearing those birds answer. If that doesn't get your heart pumping, then you really aren't a hunter. Hope everyone is having a ton of fun...they really are a great animal! Be safe!!
Now you're addicted, you better get some help before it's too late

My name is Moss and i'm a turkey huntin' addict

I'm itchin' to see a red fox twitchin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Usually I only would get excited to get out for a little and then go have breakfast with my hunting buddy. This year we went hunting in different spots and I didn't get the urge to leave since he wasn't around. I called two toms in close (I won't mention that I missed - stupid mistake on my part), but having those birds strutting around and gobbling like that got my blood flowing. I went out every morning last week and was able to connect on a 10.5 inch beard and now I wish I would have got the extra tag as well. Very exciting times!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Have struck out for the past 4 years with extra tags but still buy the extra just in case. This year I punched both. Addicted and love it better than deer season which I hunt everyday I can. Turkey hunting has made me a much better deer hunter. Patience and calm close to game.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 12:12 PM

I've been addicted since 1996. I bought Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine and the rest is history. I've killed a few birds in my time and I learn something new each outing. I hunt both the fall and spring. In the fall my time hunting them is limited because I love archery hunting so much. Great to hear you are hooked. Best of luck in the future and don't forget the second tag next year. I never do!

A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page