some people - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

some people

I have been wathching 4 birds the last week. I knew exactly where they roosted. Got the bright and early and waited for hunting time let out a few soft yelps and it sounded like thunder.All of those birds were double and triple gobbling.This went on for about 15-20min just about time for them to fly down I hear another hunter calling.This goof ball walked rite under their tree and game over,they were flying to the next county. Im still boiling.Yes this was public land. What the deal with some people.He knew we were there and knew the birds were talkin,Why rush in on them?

swope racing 03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: some people

Man i hate that crap...no respect...and dangerous...some guys think they can hunt them like fall turkeys...thats the new way..spook them and call them back in...sounds stupid to me...spring gobbler is not the same animal as in the fall..dumbarses....
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 PM

I had a similar thing happen to me when I was a little younger. I had a bird gobbling like crazy about 10 mins before fly down time giving very soft yelps occassionally. He was about 80 yards away at the time. I'm getting ready then all of a sudden I hear something behind me and see a guy walking in right behind me. I'm thinking:
A. Who walks in this late &
B. Who in their right mind stocks a yelping hen in the morning...
Of course I let the guy know I was there but he had to one-up me again by setting up between me and the bird. Well, as you can imagine the bird never made another peep and the guy soon walked in the opposite direction.
I was only 18 and it was on my friends land so I left that guy a note on his car letting him know my thoughts...

PSE Omen
*HHA 0L-5019
*QAD HD
2A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Some people just completely lose their mind when they hear a gobble. One spring, my uncle was hunting and had a gobbler responding to his calls. He then heard a gobbler in another direction and it was coming. He got himself situated and did some light calling. Every time he called, the bird would gobble. He finally realized that something didn't sound right as it was getting closer. It turned out to be a hunter coming to his calling with a gobble tube.

I guess you can't fix stupid

If I know that someone is working a bird, I usually sit back and listen to the show. It is a good learning experience to see how the turkey is reacting to the cause.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 PM

Well we were set up and a guy or gal made so much noise I thought a logging truck was coming through.I think he or she figured out we were there and left.Thats good,my son and I are the only people to have permission to turkey hunt there.Our problem was my fault.We were too close to the roosted bird.He saw me using hand calls.It was a good day though we heard a good bit of gobbling and my son was happy to see his first turkey fly down.I think it meant more to him than killing a bird.So in the end something worked.He is ready to go again running on no sleep.We can't hunt sunday but I really think a new turkey hunter was born this year.Last week he missed one.Today he said if its on your side you shoot on my side I shoot.I was giving the shot to him no matter what.I think all dads and mentors know what I mean.I'm having the time of my life not even considering firing a shot.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I guess im not the only one with these problems . Now that this happened r those birds educated or can I hunt them in a few days ? By all meams im not a great turkey hunter but I do use a little common sense unlike some ppl

swope racing 03
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 AM

From my experience, you can hunt the same bird, from the same spot in 2 days!!!!...Go for it.....

Pittsburgh Boxing Club 51
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 AM
The Man

almost the same deal for us this morning, had a one slowly working our way and gobbling every now and then, then all of a sudden we hear someone calling where we the gobbler was and then owl hoots everywere when he went silent.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:14 PM

If you can hunt during the week go back after him.There will or should be less hunters out during the week.That will help you nail him.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmint
This goof ball walked rite under their tree and game over,they were flying to the next county. Im still boiling.Yes this was public land. What the deal with some people.He knew we were there and knew the birds were talkin,Why rush in on them?
I call that gobbler greed or lack of knowledge.He is the guy that stands on a hill waiting for gobbles to start.Lazy and doesn't do his homework,like scouting.He heard birds there last year so just show up opening day.Then wonders why he didn't get a bird.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page