Too late to buy a second tag???????" - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Too late to buy a second tag???????"

Went to Gander in Johnstown today, they informed me that it is too late to purchased a second turkey tag, even though the digest states you can purchase until friday, what's up with that, maybe they do not need the money, I have purchased a second tag every year, never used it, just like to extent the season, this is a bunch of crap in my book!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Re: Too late to buy a second tag???????"

The book states they need to be bought BEFORE the season starts ,, YESTERDAY was the first day of the season ,, youth day is the first day of the season
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:54 PM

Had to buy them before midnight the 20th..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 PM
The Man

Yesterday(youth season) doesn't count as the first day of the season. The digest says you can get them up until the start of the regular season. The regular season starts the 28th. However, the PGC issued a news release stating that the 20th was the last day to buy them. I had posted that in a previous threasd on here(that for some unknown reason got deleted) and I posted it in another thread after that. At any rate, I can't really see how you can say "it's a bunch of crap" when it's no fault of anyone but you. You've had since July of 2011 to buy the tag. I guess you shouldn't have waited until the last minute.

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 PM

Stupid on the part of the state. So many people procrastinate til the last minute. Examples... trout season, bear season, even deer. You have people lined up into the clothing section at every sporting goods store.

You should have until the start of the General season, and youths should have the option of buying a second, even if they score on the youth day. We already give the youths every other advantage. If you are under 12 you can make a tag out of a piece of construction paper and pay $0. Why not allow them to buy a 2nd tag based on the success of a 1 day, 6 hr long hunt.

By not allowing the purchase of the 2nd tag until the 27th I'll guarantee the state lost 30% or more of it's bonus tag sales. Just lost revenue IMO, and then they'll complain that they are broke.

That said... I got mine LOL
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I am aloud to give my veiw, everyone else dose, PGC loss of money not mine, glad I am the only one that puts things off, not making a big deal about it, if fact I was thanked for being so calm after being told the news in Gander
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM

The guy that got shut out by the GC stopping sales after youth hunt with confusing language in digest. Is a POTENTIAL taker of a second Tom w/O a tag.
JMO
Smage
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM

I can see where people will be upset as the updated news release was dated on the 13th of April, not much of a notice. In changing the deadline from what the digest says and give such a short notice they must have wanted to force everyone who buys the 2nd tag and mainly the youth to buy it before the youth season. Last season and all the ones before when the additional tag was available you could purchase it until the day before the regular season opened and the kids that were succesful on thier day could go and get another tag before the regular season opened.

Call the PGC tommorow and voice your opinion as I'm sure there are going to be ALOT of upset license buyers. Maybe they might lift the deadline to what it says in the digest as alot of people do not have internet service and the news hasn't reached local newspapers.

A squakin' turkey don't live long
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Lighten-up guys it's a turkey tag, Calling on monday is a great idea

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page