P.S.Olt GB110 box call - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By BerksCoflinter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

P.S.Olt GB110 box call

Good morning,I need some help with setting up my box call its a PS Olt GB110 I am looking for what size ruber band is used for replacement and how far down should or how tight should the screw that holds the top on be.

Thanks for any advice

And this is the second year i have not even seen a turkey i use to get one every year first hour out
I have never seen it this bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:52 AM

I have an older Lynch World Champion #120 Box call, it has rubber bands as well, I believe the bands are there for when you turn it over and shake it making a gobble sound and also so that the bands keep it in place so that it doesn't make noise when moving about. My bands rotted off years ago. I just use 2 of those wider bands you get on bundle of asparagus. I take off the bands to make all my calls and put them on when making a gobble sound and when I`m moving. I`ve had great success with this call, it is the only one I have had to use on the last 9 birds....Good Luck....Also, I keep my screw pretty loose, i can control the sounds better, And chalk it up good with a decent chalk....

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....

Last edited by SlickShot; 11-12-2019 at 10:57 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

For what it's worth, I take old hunting socks with holes in toes and/or heals, cut off the foot part of the sock leaving the ankle/calf part to cover my box calls. I find these covers easier to keep track of than rubber bands, and actually slide them onto my wrist on cold, early mornings. These are my custom, redneck box call covers, and they quietly rest in my vest from season to season.

5C, 2G, 3D, 5B Life NRA, Life PFSC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 03:14 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

very useful and interesting information
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 04:34 PM
The Man

The paddle of the call...……...if it's built right...…...should rest on the very top of the soundboard radius. Mass-assembled, production calls, however, aren't always built to the highest standards of QA/QC.

Run the screw out a couple of full turns. Then start to tighten it 1/4 turn at a time. Run the call. Another 1/4 turn. Run the call. And so on. You'll figure out easily enough where the screw should be at just by the sound quality.

As far as the rubber bands...……...you don't need 'em to operate the call. I do use one pretty stout one to keep the call quiet.

demokraten saugen
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 06:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have an old Lynch model 102 that has rubber band , you could use any rubber band that you can buy at any office store but the advice given in the other post will also work just as well. good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page