The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

What One Thing...

3K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  dpms 
#1 ·
I usually post this question each year at season's end. What one (main) thing do you want to do prior to next spring season? For me it's the same as last year...somewhat perfect my trumpet call. Gotta practice!!

#22 ·
After reading all the positive feedback here on HPA from those who have switched to, or shoot a the 20 Ga. with the TSS 3" loads for spring turkey. I decided to sit my 835 down this spring and borrow a Mossberg 500 20 Ga. from a buddy just to see what it could do. I ended up filling both my tags and didn`t even have any bruises on my shoulder from those artillery shells from my 835....

So with all that being said...The one thing I`m going to do for next season is to get me a 20 Ga. and get ready for next spring.....

#28 ·
If the current version of the Sunday hunting legislation passes the house, lobby the Board of Commissioners to use the optional Sunday on the youth gobbler season. That will give the kids 2 days to enjoy the youth season instead of 1.

Taking a spring gobbler coming to the call gobbling along the way is arguably the most exciting encounter that a youth hunter can have. Hopefully making them a hunter for life.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.