LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

May 21.

Still slogging along. Pretty morning but not gobbles as of yet. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:51 AM

For some reason I had a good feeling about a field I've called in the same Jake and 2 hens in on 3x during 2 hunts....

Silence.

Will give it an hour or so and see what happens. Kinda painted myself into a corner as this is the only spot I have in this direction.

Good luck to all still plugging along! I'm getting worn down and mornings are getting earlier.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:17 AM
Banned

Getting eaten alive by the bugs this morning! Really struggled with getting up or getting a couple more hours of sleep. No gobbling again this morning! Heard so many Saturday in this spot I didn't know which way to turn. Monday and today nothing. I believe tomorrow may be my last hunt for 2019 gobblers for me. Just had 2 doe check out my decoys. They didn't like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:58 AM

Funny you mentioned bugs... this spot is typically horrible for them...low wet area. I'm usually covered in skeeters. 38 degrees seems to be keeping them at Bay.

75% sure a hen was yapping probably in the next field over. Hard to say between geese and crows and Sandhills. Gunna give it a little longer then go check out a new spot I found...

Wish I knew what has happened to the turkey hunting... the last 2 seasons have been brutal. To the point I considered not taking most the season off like I've been doing....but, I get a lot of yard work and fishing and relaxing done. Still nothing compares to watching and listening to the spring mornings.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:45 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Took a ride last night, ended up seeing 5 long beards and bunch of lone hens. None of the long beards were strutting, just feeding. Stopped this morning where I seen two last night. Not a peep. Good luck fellas..

Don't Gobble at me...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:25 AM

Went to check out the other spot I had in mind....bust. Wasn't what the map showed lol. Definitely critters in there but no access.

Maybe tomorrow they'll wanna talk lol....that's the only thing that gets me outta bed at this point. I know all it takes is a second to find a bird that is lonely and wants to die.
TJD likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

Two across the road sounding off on the limb this morning. Dead silent on my side. Can't hunt on the other side. Hit anot her spot and got one gobble out of one at 9. Stuck it out til 11. I'm running on fumes!

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page