Lots of Action - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By good ole boy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Lots of Action

Had a great morning in 2A. Heard some gobbles at fly down up hill from me but you know the shut up and move out routine. At 8 I moved up the hill I bit and at 930 I reached the top. 10 am and I hear a gobble. I press a little but not too much and begin to call. I was getting responses and could tell he was coming closer. Two come in and hang up I could just see them go in and out of strut and sometimes read heads. While they hang up another sounds off once I realize the duo didn't want to come in and had to of seen my decoy I entertain the other bird. Bring him in wide open to what I had to of thought was 40 yards. I don't have a problem judging distance with the bow or flinter maybe because I shoot at deer way more often than turkeys. So I miss the bird. I couldn't decide exactly where he was standing I knew it wasn't in my lap but it looked so good with the bead and I shot a 3.5 inch at it not sure what happened there. H and R. Single shot maybe a flintch maybe the short barrel is unforgiving I've killed with it before but hey probably just flintched and am over thinking it. Maybe it's the second tag purchase curse. Anyway got all week to hunt this week with a buddy so well get more action just gotta get over it. Still grateful for an exciting hunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:47 PM
The Man

Your last sentence says it all.That,s a true sportsman.
fall gobbler likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page