6Likes
  • 1 Post By Fairchild #17
  • 4 Post By fall gobbler
  • 1 Post By ahhofmeister

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Turkey Calls

So I'm posting to get some ideas flowing about picking up some diaphrams. I used the primos long hook (red) last couple years but I feel like I'm losing confidence even though it served me well there for a couple seasons. Any ideas come to mind for a easy to use relatively cheap diaphram? Also I read an article about "Jake yelps" does anyone have a call they use for these sounds? I know there's not a golden ticket and it seems like you just need what you find works for you but I'm looking for ideas and to talk turkey hunting. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Do yourself a favor and get ahold of the guys from Bangin' the Boss game calls right here in Millville, Pa.
I met up with them at their shop the other night to go over some new calls in their lineup and they really have it together. They have high quality equipment and a passion for making turkey sounding calls.
Their new batwing cut 3 reed is simply fantastic......and I've tried dozens and dozens of other manufacturers.
Perfect yelps, sharp cutts and clucks. I can gargle purr and do-wit better on this call than any other I've tried for soft talk, but what I'm really excited about is being able to do a near perfect "feeding call" as Scott Ellis calls it. Not that it's needed to kill birds, but it's fun to be able to finally do it with consistency.

They have a website and a Facebook page. I think their special now is 3 diaphragms for $16 shipped. Very reasonably priced.
Excellent friction calls and strikers as well.
Uncle Johnny likes this.

ProSqueezing Pro Staff
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:40 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Diaphragms are so personal it's hard to recommend one. Everyone likes something different depending on the way they call, their palate size and ability. You can "Jake Yelp" on any call. Just slow your cadence and drop your jaw more.

GOBBLE THIS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:07 AM
New Arrival

fall gobbler said it right. With that being said, try Woodhaven Custom Calls and/or TruTone Custom Calls. Either should have a diaphragm that works for you. Both have a website, althrough Woodhaven is available at most big box stores now. TruTone is always at the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, good dudes. .

No links allowed

Last edited by Moss; 04-03-2019 at 07:36 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I tried a few Hooks calls last year as well and they were very good. The executioner was my favorite. I think their calls were all priced at $5.95 each which is again the cheaper end of what you'll pay.
Gooserbat ICE was nice.

ProSqueezing Pro Staff
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Placed an order at bangin the boss looking forward to testing them thanks for the tip I'm from the North hills and never heard of them
Fairchild #17 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page