Backwoods trophy outfitters NC - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Backwoods trophy outfitters NC

Thinking of hunting VA or NC this spring as I will be in Norfolk VA in April. I found this outfitter which offers good rates on semi-guided turkey hunts. Anyone have experience with them? I only found one other post on here on them from 2012. Anyone hunt turkey with them recently and care to share your experience?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 04:13 PM
New Arrival

Went on a deer hunt with them a few years back before they built the new clubhouse. The owner can be act like an idiot. Funny how the one guide kept picking on one of the customers. He was a big tipper in the past. After the week was over he was pissed and said he was never going back.

The guys I went with went back the next year but I decided not to go again. My one buddy got pissed they they kept putting them in unbaited stands. One night he called out the owner on it and they got in an argument. My buddy almost laid him out. They wind up leaving early and aren’t interested in going back.

Seemed like they took certain people to the choice spots. I think it had to do with money.

Last edited by JOSHUA222; 12-15-2018 at 04:19 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSHUA222 View Post
Went on a deer hunt with them a few years back before they built the new clubhouse. The owner can be act like an idiot. Funny how the one guide kept picking on one of the customers. He was a big tipper in the past. After the week was over he was pissed and said he was never going back.

The guys I went with went back the next year but I decided not to go again. My one buddy got pissed they they kept putting them in unbaited stands. One night he called out the owner on it and they got in an argument. My buddy almost laid him out. They wind up leaving early and aren’t interested in going back.

Seemed like they took certain people to the choice spots. I think it had to do with money.
In an outfitter’s world, all hunters are not created equal. It always has to do about money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 06:02 PM
New Arrival

We got back one evening and I couldn’t find my phone. I figured I had left it in the last stand I was on. I asked the owner if we could go back there the following day so I could look for it. He just started saying stupid stuff and acting like a jack wagon. I wound up getting my buddy to Druid back to the stop the following afternoon. Luckily we found it. I’m sorry but I expect people to be courteous to me that I’m paying good money for their service. Needless to say he didn’t get a tip from me when we left.

I will say my one buddy did get a nice buck there.

So I would say if you go there with a stack of hundred dollars bills and flash it to them and tell them it’s for them if they treat you good you’ll probably have a good hunt.

Last edited by JOSHUA222; 12-15-2018 at 06:11 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for the info guys...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page