KECA newly formed Appalachian chapter - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

KECA newly formed Appalachian chapter

mods not sure if this right place so feel free to move it...just figured this is the best bet for lots of views

KECA (keystone elk country alliance) has recently formed a new chapter in the greater Harrisburg/Carlisle area aptly named the Appalachian chapter with respect to the Appalachian trail. KECA is a non-profit hunting/conservation based organization dedicated to the conservation and enhancement of the Pa elk herd and the day to day operation of the elk country visitors center. 100% of the monies they raise through donations, fundraising (banquets) and profits from the visitors center stay right here in Pa!!!

im making this post to let people in the greater Harrisburg/Carlisle area know of the newly formed chapter and their up coming banquet in april. this is the inaugural banquet for this chapter and many who have been involved in other similar organizations or fundraising events know how stressfull these things can be to organize! im hoping to be able to get at least 5 people to attend from this site. There are several perks for signing up early so don't hesitate...

check out KECA... http://www.experienceelkcountry.com/about.html

shoot me a pm for any other details or questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 AM

Re: KECA newly formed Appalachian chapter

I am donating this photo in a large frame/matted print (24x36" I believe the frame is) for this banquet. Elk Country means a lot to me for some personal reasons. I hope to see quite a few HPA members at this banquet.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

that's great todd! I really wish I would have gotten involved earlier with this chapter but I didn't find out till recently and am now "full steam" ahead so to speak to try and get some participation! wife and I are looking forward to a great evening in good company!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:41 PM
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Todd:

Great pic - love that low angle and color in the background.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
RB
Sage

HPA is a proud supporter of the KECA, no problems with the location of this post at all. In fact, I have sent e-mails to inquire about helping the center and area, such as: running a fundraiser drvie here and donating it to plant some wintering food plots, etc ..but i never got a response??

Please , anyone, PM me if you know who to talk to there.

AMAZING picture Todd!!! As always!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks RB!!!! this is a great way to get info out to the masses...my wife calls this my facebook! hahah...I only wish I knew about this new chapter sooner and could've done more to help out.

we are unfortunately another casualty of the ESOS. and the loss of all that exposure has really took a toll on the success of the advertisement and attendance for the banquet. but in the end we'll get through it and the boycott was for the greater good and the big picture
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
RB
Sage

LOL...we have been called the "facebook for hunters" and the "redneck facebook". I am on facebook (to watch my kids mostly) . But what I like about HPA is we basically have filtered out anyone who would take offense to a pic of dead animal.

All my pics on FB are of me and dead things...LOL

I will be 10,000% behind any effort needed here to promote KECA, or help it raise funds in a tough year. I was only there once since the center went in, last February 2012 was our trip down, and i was so impressed with it all. A PA gem to be real proud of, both the herd and the facility.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

good to know RB...i'll make it a point to get ahold of some of the "powers that be" so to speak about your & HPA's interest to help/become invovled! im sure a great and longstanding realationship can be formed.

there are two newly formed chapters this year, appalachain (hbg area) and Lenape wapiti (Allentown area)bringing the total number of chapters up to 10...pretty good for KECA only being 5 yrs old!

im gonna try to get a list together of some of the guns and prizes that are gonna be up for raffle and hopefully it will create some interest. I know its gonna be a tuff road ahead for a new chapter of any organization to get started with the current economy and peoples disposable income not being what it used to be. also the timing of this banquet couldn't possibly be any worse than it is...sat april 13th...first day of trout for the northern tier! unfortunately I wasnt involved at the time the date was picked and now we just have to make due.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM

I can email reservations forms to anyone interested as well. Shoot me an email at: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page