Featured & Bargain Hunts - elk, deer, 'bou & more - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Featured & Bargain Hunts - elk, deer, 'bou & more

Fellow HPA Members:

When I learned of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show pulling the plug, I contacted the outfitters that I book for that were scheduled to go there and offered to help them sell some hunts. I told them I would cut my commission and asked if they could offer a discount on their end too so that we could offer some appealing options.

At the bottom of the post, I also listed some hunts from non-ESOS outfitters. Unless noted otherwise, all hunts below include meals, lodging and guiding.

Click on the underlined hunt titles for the link to our website with more details and photos of that hunt. For prompt replies to questions, please call or email versus posts or pm's.

Quebec Caribou - Hunt #59-C - Many would argue that this is the best caribou hunt in Quebec. I can offer a group of 6 a $500 discount per hunter making the cost for 1 guide per 3 hunters $7000 and 1 guide for 6 hunters $5500. If you are thinking that is a lot of money consider what is included in the packages. These packages are pretty much all inclusive from Montreal and include: licenses for 2 caribou, charter flight from Montreal with 70lbs of gear, float plane into camp, any moves with the float planes, all meals while at camp prepared by camp cook (1x6 hunt does not include a cook but does include meals), English speaking guides and much more – click on link for all the details. If you have less than 6 people, I may be able to combine smaller groups to hit 6.

Illinois Archery Whitetails - Hunt #18-WD1 – This place produces trophy bucks year after year. I have one group that has just rebooked here for their 5th consecutive year. Lots of land that is not overhunted. The outfitter has lived there his entire life, farms the land, plants food plots, has a lot of trail cams out and understands bowhunting stand placement. I can offer a $600 discount per hunter making the price $2900 - $3650 depending on what weeks are taken. 5 day hunt.

Wyoming Whitetails - Hunt #06-WD - We need a group of 4-6 to do this one. Private ranch hunt with lots of whitetails and 120-150 inch bucks. Expect to look over a lot of bucks. Your group gets 1 guide for your group to place you on stand and help coordinate the hunt. Hunt dates are Nov. 1-7, 2013. Meals and lodging not provided. Kitchen equipped cabin rentals close by. 4 day hunt - $1800 per hunter.

Wyoming Antelope - Hunt #06-PA – We need a group of 4 to do this private ranch hunt. Your group will get one guide who will guide and assist as needed. No meals or lodging but kitchen equipped cabins close by. 3 day hunt only $1200 per hunter.

Wyoming Merriam's Turkey - Hunt #06-T - Book by February 15 and receive $100 off the one bird hunt and $200 off the two bird hunt making the price $900 for one bird and $1200 for two birds. Multiple private ranches with lots of turkeys. Deadline for the 2nd tag is January 31 but based on past history, the odds are excellent that there will be leftover tags.

Wyoming Cow Elk – private ranch hunt in Unit 38 near Sheridan. Semi-guided – guide shows boundaries, makes tactical suggestions and you hunt on your own. 3 day hunt $800 without meals and lodging – add $110 per day for meals and lodging. Application deadline is January 31.

Wyoming or Montana Mule Deer or Whitetail Deer – Hunt NE WY or SE MT for either muleys or whitetails. I can offer a group of 3 or more a discount of $395 per hunter making the 4 day hunt a real deal at $3600. For a group of 5, the price is further reduced to $3400 per hunter. Nice lodge and lots of deer.

Non-ESOS Outfitter Hunts Below:

Colorado Elk - Hunt #65-E1 – Use rifle, bow or muzzleloader during the rut! Ranching for Wildlife property in NW CO with guaranteed tags. There are not many hunts where you can hunt bugling bulls with a rifle but this is one of them. A max of 2 hunters per hunt with limited openings. 5 day hunt - $5500 includes voucher to purchase license.

Colorado Elk - Hunt #51-E – Here’s an excellent hunt for those looking for a wilderness area horseback hunt. Colorado high country hunting at it’s finest. Openings still remain for archery, 1st, 2nd and 3rd rifle. Draw odds are good even with no points for 2nd and 3rd rifle. 5 day hunt - $4500.

South Dakota Mule Deer, Whitetail or Muley/Whitetail Combo - Hunt #28-MD – This is a place where I rarely get to book a deer hunter due to demand for spots. As of now, I can book a max of 4 rifle hunters and about the same number of archery hunters. This hunt produces some quality deer every year with 150 inch whitetails and 180 inch muleys. Draw odds are approx 50% for mule deer and 100% for whitetails. Archery tags do not require a draw. 3 Day Rifle Hunt $4250 and 4 Day Rifle Hunt $4750. 5 Day Archery $4750. Can also do a two buck hunt for a muley and a whitetail for $6850.

Wyoming Elk - Hunt #64-E – This is a private ranch hunt in Unit 34 which has 60% draw odds with no preference points and 100% draw odds with 1 point. A great hunt to kill a big bull. They had 9 hunters in 2012 with 100% shot opportunity. Two hunters maximum per hunt. 5 day hunt - $6000 for 2x1 guiding, meals and lodging. Application deadline is January 31.

New Mexico Elk - Hunt #43-E – one opening for Oct 5-9, 2013. I already have one hunter booked on this date and they like to have two hunters in camp. Only 6 hunters taken per year. Small operation that borders the Jicarilla Indian Reservation. 100% shot opportunity for the past 3 years. A good hunt for an elderly hunter or mobility impaired. You will not find a less physical elk hunt anywhere! Guaranteed license. 5 day hunt $5000.

Texas Archery Whitetails - Hunt #41-T – Small operation at a great price. I can offer a few spots from Oct 3-20. This hunt is a good choice for 120-140 class bucks. A max of 3 hunters can be taken per hunt. No food or lodging provided. 5 day hunt - $1700.

The WY elk application deadline is January 31!

Thanks,

Larry Holjencin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
PHA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Featured & Bargain Hunts - elk, deer, 'bou & more

Just had two spots open up for an excellent Rio Grande turkey hunt in Texas. Can take 2 hunters April 12-14, 2013. $750 for a two bird hunt (2 birds per hunter) - no meals or lodging. I have been there and have booked there for 3 years and it is a great place to hunt Rios.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page