The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Benoit Family

11K views 46 replies 32 participants last post by  hunterdan199 
#1 ·
My buddy from upstate NY does seasonal FedEx deliveries into Vermont. He delivered a package with the last name Benoit and asked the man at the door if he was one of the famous Benoit's. The guys answered, "Maybe I am, maybe not. Are you a hunter?" My friend answered yes, then got a tour of the house. My bud's best buck ever is 130's and wouldn't even make the guys wall. He was blown away by the size of buck. Racks and just their size. Necks and such. The guy, forget which one, said one of the buck field dressed at 280lbs!!!! All the deer were taken from public land. Obviously it's different there but still. He said the guy was really interesting and knew his stuff. Which is pretty obvious. I guess real nice people to invite the FedEx guy in and talk for half an hour. Totally changed how my buddy will hunt from now on.

#9 ·
John-PA said:
Haha, probably Lanny. I got the same response from him when I met him at a general store in Maine.
I doubt it was Lanny. Lanny doesn't have heads on his wall in the house. He keeps his snowmobile racing trophies and his antlers elsewhere -- in the garage, in his shop, and in the travel trailer: The Benoit Brotherhood

Prolly Lane. Maybe Shane. All of them are good guys; I'm not surprised the FedEx guy got a tour.

Steve.

#17 ·
I hope your right Steve, because I am a big fan of the benoits. Have a few of their video's and one book.

On a side note, have you guys seen where Shane and Larry broke off on there own and now have a hunting show? Shane is making his own video's now too.

#19 ·
John-PA said:
I hope your right Steve, because I am a big fan of the benoits. Have a few of their video's and one book.

On a side note, have you guys seen where Shane and Larry broke off on there own and now have a hunting show? Shane is making his own video's now too.
Funny you should say it that way. What I've seen (with my own eyes) leads me to think it was Lane who broke off on his own.

Steve.

#26 ·
turkey4life said:
the deer up north are huge compaired to pa. a maine 6pt will weigh 170lbs+ when a pa 6pt is 115-120lbs on average.
And whats your point? They kill the biggest bucks in the area they are hunting in every year. I don't think its any coincidence either. They aren't "170" lb 6 points either.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.