Deer Poaching Leads to Burglary. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Deer Poaching Leads to Burglary.

This happen across the field from my parents house. If anyone has any tips call Skippack PSP. The story is listed below.
http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/201...t-of-deer-head

Its an archery thing, my wife doesn't understand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Deer Poaching Leads to Burglary.

Quite a few missing pieces in this story...so he shot the deer at 6:30 on park property, a little after shooting hours isn't it? Did he tag the deer? Seems odd the individual is offering a $1,500 reward for something that was wounded when he finished it off. How long was the deer in the garage before it was stolen?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Regular Visitor

This was talked about the other day on here by the individual involved. No matter how you look at it, it appears that both parties involved are guilty of something. Hopefully both parties are dealt with accordingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 PM
New Arrival

This thread was locked down once before, not that I cared. In a way, I want the story to be out there so that it is exposed and they are caught.
If you want to speculate and wonder what happened on your keyboard-great. If you want to know the truth you would help try to catch the burglars and then read an official police report. Much of the story, but not all, is in the local paper-not on the internet. Yes, unless you knew me or the several independent witnesses, it almost sounds like some tale.
The reward is not for the deer. Get real. The reward is not even for the poachers. That's a PGC issue. The reward is for the Burglars who risked the life of my daughter, myself as well as the burglars themselves. Since it is an ongoing investigation I will not say much more other than to say I have been completley cleared by the PGC and they want these guys just as bad. Instead of speculating on the facts, please try to earn 1500$ and help catch the bad guys.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Tip - I'm not trying to offend anyone, but the article that was at the top of the thread was horrific. Do you have a link to another article that would have more information? I understand what you're trying to achieve by getting word out. Did these guys break into your garage while you were home to get the deer? I guess all I wanted to see was more of the story. Sorry if you took offense to the questions I posed.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'd guess the guys that broke into your garage are the same guys that "tried" poaching the deer.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2813
I'd guess the guys that broke into your garage are the same guys that "tried" poaching the deer.
Correct. And the article is wrong and vague in many ways. The article was a result of a simple PSP press release. 6:30 was the time of the burglary, the deer was shot just after 1:12 pm, just after I had called the PGC. Thank you to those in 5C, who should keep a look out for a green over tan diesel pickup, possibly a ford; get the tag and call PSP @610-584-1250 or Reading district PGC 610-926-3136.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Tip,
First off sorry for posting the Pottstown Mercury's report, it is very vague. I wanted to post the town and Country's report, but I couldn't get it posted, I just wanted to get the word out.
I have lived in the area my whole life and I actually hunt the property behind my parents house off of Church Rd and I have another small spot off of Green Hill Rd. I know a lot of people in the area and I have a real good idea where they poached the deer. I just don't know of who it is or I would have called PSP by now. I will keep a look out for these scum bags and get the word out. I'm glad your family is safe!

Its an archery thing, my wife doesn't understand
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 AM

did you see the guy shoot the deer?I'm curious how the whole thing went down.I hunt my parents place on Hill rd. and saw a huge buck in a field at 11am on the first day right off 663 on park property.I assume it was the same buck.Crazy that someone would go into someone elses garage to get the buck.Like to know more about the actual poaching though.i know my deer run into the park often after the shot,but they are killed legally

yote addiction: a pack a day
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden41
did you see the guy shoot the deer?I'm curious how the whole thing went down.I hunt my parents place on Hill rd. and saw a huge buck in a field at 11am on the first day right off 663 on park property.I assume it was the same buck.Crazy that someone would go into someone elses garage to get the buck.Like to know more about the actual poaching though.i know my deer run into the park often after the shot,but they are killed legally
jayden, sorry because of the investigation, I will not go into more detail but only to say there is a zero percent chance a hunter was trailing a wounded deer from private property. I can tell you you probably did see the same buck, as it was hanging out in that park field regularly. The fact is you drove past and went about legal hunting, while the other guys behind you staked it out and went about formulating a plan to poach it. It is big, but not the biggest in the area. There is/was a larger 11pt there, as well as several small 6 pointers and about 15 doe. The fact is, this park, which is huge, is becomming the next Valley forge park. IMO there are way too many deer here and the numbers keep growing. When I was a kid you hardly even saw a deer. I also fly an ultralight. I am able to see the deer where from a road or house you would see none. It is like a safari at times in certain areas. The park should open it up to archery before it is too late, even if it's for a week. It would be a win win for the deer, the public and the hunter. Since I know of other incidents, it looks like it is now becomming a poacher park. Thanks for your help in finding them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page