Smoked a 10 pointer on video - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Smoked a 10 pointer on video

Was able to give my H&R Ultra some work as i crushed a 10 point the other day. Captured the action on video and the kids were excited as well. Been a good fall so far between fishing and hunting. Good luck to all!

http://youtu.be/bVU_RZ1-tHc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Smoked a 10 pointer on video

Life Member NAHC

Garrett AT PRO

USN 1964-1985

Prostate Cancer Survivor
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Congrats on a fine deer! Goodjob getting the little ones involved. I also have HR Ultra slugger 20 gauge,I have yet to shoot mine though. Hoping to use in the post christmas doe season here. Im curious how far that first shot was? Nice shooting by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Sage

Nice
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM

Congrats!

"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." -Thoreau

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

The first shot was in 60 to 65 yard range....mine is very accurate at 100 yards. I like Lightfields but to be honest i have not tried many of the newer rounds. The lightfields have always crushed deer so why change. If you watch in HD it shows the deer shots much better...it just a pain if you have a slow connection. Good luck with your gun...you will love it. Its topped with a Nikon 2x7 shotgun scope.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Thanks Terp!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Personally I think it is a wonderful gesture but if I was the child's father he would have come home empty handed. The young man made a bad shot, which has happened to most of us and two hours later the deer is still on the move. The young man wounded the deer but did not kill it. It was your deer and I understand the sentiment of giving this kid his first deer but what has he really gained as far as ethics. Ten years from now he makes a bad shot and someone else puts the deer down and he becomes the guy that wants to fight you for the deer because he shot it two hours ago. I probably would have done the same thing as you but would have made sure he knows that if you hit an animal and it doesn't die then the animal is free game to the guy who drops it. I hope the kids father explained what a nice thing you did for him and that the deer was yours and continues to work with him to improve his skills. This is just my opinion and we have to do what our hearts and minds can live with
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Frequent Contributor

HA too funny. I just watched the video on MWC CONGRATS
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman
Personally I think it is a wonderful gesture but if I was the child's father he would have come home empty handed. The young man made a bad shot, which has happened to most of us and two hours later the deer is still on the move. The young man wounded the deer but did not kill it. It was your deer and I understand the sentiment of giving this kid his first deer but what has he really gained as far as ethics. Ten years from now he makes a bad shot and someone else puts the deer down and he becomes the guy that wants to fight you for the deer because he shot it two hours ago. I probably would have done the same thing as you but would have made sure he knows that if you hit an animal and it doesn't die then the animal is free game to the guy who drops it. I hope the kids father explained what a nice thing you did for him and that the deer was yours and continues to work with him to improve his skills. This is just my opinion and we have to do what our hearts and minds can live with
I am not sure i follow you. I shot the deer not my son. The first and second shots were both in the heart/lung...dead deer. The deer was shot at 65 yards, ran 20 yards, then i put another one in him for good measure and he dropped in his tracks. My son came back to help me drag out the deer only.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page