Results were just posted.

I was successful!

2F for a while...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Iowa Draw Results Posted

Congrats on the successful draw!!! How many points did you need? I have two now and will be applying with three next year.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks.

I applied with 2 last year and was not drawn so I had 3 for this year.

2F for a while...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Send a message via AIM to jlh42581

3 points is a lock.

I told my old lady I was going to Iowa in 2015. She asked "how much is that". I said, when I added it all up, on public land about $1000 in the end.

She said..."$1000 to have the chance at shooting a deer, youre not even guaranteed one" I said, yep but you can only go every four years and if I save that money for four years its $250 a year. You spend more than that on your hair in a year.

What I say might not be the popular trend but at least Im not afraid to speak my mind!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh42581
3 points is a lock.

I told my old lady I was going to Iowa in 2015. She asked "how much is that". I said, when I added it all up, on public land about $1000 in the end.

She said..."$1000 to have the chance at shooting a deer, youre not even guaranteed one" I said, yep but you can only go every four years and if I save that money for four years its $250 a year. You spend more than that on your hair in a year.
If your old lady is anything like mine she probably burns through the whole $1000/yr on her hair

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 AM

I drew for zone 5 had 3 points in pocket and really looking forward to it. Going to do a Missouri/Iowa back to back this year as I always wanted to and with the Iowa draw I don't know how many more times I will have the chance while bowhunting.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh42581
3 points is a lock.

Only problem is, by 2015 just the license may run you that grand, at the rate Iowa goes.

Home: 4D & 4B. Camp: 2G & Kentucky
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Part of the Community

I hunt public land in zone 5 and have drawn 2 gun tags out of the last 4 years. This year we bought a preference point, do you think odds are in our favor to draw a gun tag next year? I know archery tag is difficult to get and we just dont have enough time to get out to iowa and scout, hang stands, etc to do archery on public land, so we stick with gun season.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 02:43 AM
New Arrival

Congratulations on your successful draw. My group was successful in drawing Zone 5 for late season muzzleloader. We had two points going into this year and felt pretty confident about our chances and whata ya know -we got lucky.

Summitsittin
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 11:12 PM

Punxs - if you look at the non-resident info page they list some statistics on the number of tags and applicants, you have to do some math but for Zone 5 in 2011 - There were 2540 applicants for 1600 tags. 560 tags were archery and they had 643 non successful archery apps- so there were 1203 archery applicants leaving 1337 gun applicants for 1040 tags. I know some with no points have been drawing and 1 point is virtually a lock. If you track those numbers each year since the economic downturn you will see the number of applicants decreasing each year. 2012 statistics won't be released until sometime in early 2013 but I wouldn't be surprised to see the trend continue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page