PGC Farm Co-ops?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

PGC Farm Co-ops??

Does anyone know anything about the PGC's Farm Coops and Safety Zone Coops? Supposedly land owners sign agreements with the pgc to allow hunters to hunt their land (after asking permission. They have county maps on the PGC website that show the locations of these properties. There are supposed to be PGC signs marking these properties.
That being said, I've gone out driving around my area to try and find some of these properties shown on the map and can never find any of them! Driven up and down the roads where the properties are shown and never find any signs.
Anyone ever had any luck using these maps to find the properties? Can you contact the local PGC office and get a list of address for these properties??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: PGC Farm Co-ops??

This has been discussed before on here.Don't believe you can get address's of these farms.Go knock on doors in the areas of these farms and see if they are co-op farms.Have seeen one farm in an area I hunt with the signs up.Don't think it is mandatory for them to have the signs up.Call your local WCO and they could probably help.I believe they can limit the number of hunters and who they let hunt.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Banned

Knock Knock Knock, even if a farm is in the program they still may be all posted up on the outside...That doesn't mean you can't hunt it, you just gotta do some leg work, they post signs for a reason, so that not just anyone can walk on and hunt thier property...What's the worst that can happen?? They say NO?? Big deal, move on to the next door!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

These places do exist and I got permission on a few. Many have signs on the property near the main access. I have also gone to these properties and been turned away. I always ask first and I have only asked for turkey hunting not deer hunting.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Yes they can limit the amount of hunters.They can't be the same hunters the entire season though.I was told once they had the 5 hunters they wanted and if one dropped of the list they would call me.I was also told they expect some meat from any harvest I get.They are not allowed to that either.I would offer the land owner meat though,even though the land owner can't require it.This was in 2B a special regs area.I never saw one vehicle there on any weekend or evening during early antlerless season.So much for the hunters helping out with deer damage.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Wiz

I realized that a piece of property that I hunt that adjoins ours was in this program this past deer season. There was only 2 signs, one at the parking lot and the other about half way down the half mile lane. The property also adjoins a SGL and few people other than locals even now that the spot exists.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page