SG # 58 in 4C - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

SG # 58 in 4C

Anyone have any luck in 4C on gamelands 58 today or yesterday. Saw a few doe Monday but well over 100 yds away and moving. I was on firetower road on top. Also checked out long hollow area but saw very few cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: SG # 58 in 4C

My first PA hunts were on SGL 58! I have tons of memories hunting there. Places like the Horseshoe, the well and some other places in there. It really was an incredible place to hunt way back when (70's and 80's) There were tons of deer and we usually were close to 100% on bucks. Unfortunatly after several years of HR we stopped going when most days turned into zero sighting days and 0 for 5 years. You're probably not hunting far from where I used to hunt. I know of another long time family friend on this board that used to hunt there also, and he's moved on also.

Are the deer coming back there at all?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Tidewaterguide, this is the first I have been back there since the early 1990's. It is nothing like it was. Rare to see just a few deer now. I just went there cause I wanted some room to roam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, it's a real shame. I'm all for a balanced herd and having the amount of deer fit the environment but that's one of the areas where it went too far. It's been about 10 years since I hunted the area.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have hunted there from time to time in the last 36 years. Back in the early 80's I went to school at Bloomsburg State. We used to do pretty well on grouse and deer back then. I hunted it this year on the 3rd and 4th day of the gun season. Little deer sign and not much shooting. Fair amount of hunters were out. Very little deer sign. They did timber a pretty big section off of bridge road over the past few years. I hope that helps bring the grouse back. If the intent of HR was to cut the deer herd in half, they far exceed that goal on SGL 58.

Boom! Boom! Boom!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:30 AM
New Arrival

I go to Bloomsburg University now and i went to SGL 58 during archery and rifle seasons and i didnt see a thing. Not even any signs of anything. Went out after that snow during rifle and didnt see one set of tracks.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

psp93173, wow that is discouraging. What part of 58 did you hunt it is a big piece of land stretching quite a way.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinPa
psp93173, wow that is discouraging. What part of 58 did you hunt it is a big piece of land stretching quite a way.
That is discouraging! I hunted there for 30 years and it was a great area.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Frequent Contributor

Isn't that ubelievable from what it was? I still miss sleeping in the trucks at Bunker Hill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page