whats going on in 3B - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

whats going on in 3B

have been out 5 out of 7 days, have seen some deer, but very little shooting. kind of thought that saturday would turn things up. but saturday morning for the first four hours i heard less than 10 shots, and from the ridge i hunt you can hear a long ways. today all day long less than 5 shots. weird it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 AM

Re: whats going on in 3B

Thats not just 3B, that was everywhere.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
The Man

not alot of guys around saturday on the game lands where i was. heard lots of shooting for the first and last hour of the day but 90% was on private. i think a few things are going on. 1. if your hunting the GL there isn't much there to shoot at. 2. Guys are starting to relize that fact and laying off the does. 3. the guys that hunt once a year never read the book and shot their does the first day.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
The Man

Both my sons took buck last week on Monday and Tuesday off RT.220. Saturday we had 2 missed doe and yes, the shooting was lighter then I expected. I have a feeling you will hear more shooting this Saturday then last.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I hunt in 3B - private land. We killed 3 bucks before 7:30 AM on opening morning. My buddy who shot first at 7 AM had already seen 11 deer by the time he killed his 2.5yr old 7 pointer - very nice deer. A jr. hunter couldn't get it together to kill a buck on the 2nd day. Plenty of deer where I'm at in 3B.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

On the first day ,of the 5 of us hunting our property about 40 deer seen. Counted 26 shots. I was the only guy not to see a deer.That may have been because I was sick & could not keep my head up to long, severe head cold sinusis were killing me. My cousin killed an 8 point, the neighbors got 3 buck. We did see a few sublegal bucks, the first day. Tuesday we seen about 20 deer all toll, but no more bucks, only 4 shots heard. The rest of the week almost nothing and few deer seen. Saturday new hunter killed an antlerless buck in the morning. The neighbors had a buck on the run & fired 4 shots & missed & 1 other shot was herd. Late Saturday evening on my way back to camp I came across 4 does & killed the last one so counting my shot I heard a total of 11 shots the first Saturday, in my area of 3B.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I also thought Sat. was going to be the best day as far as other hunters moving the deer but I was wrong! I am sure I heard less shooting than on Mon. and saw alot fewer hunters from my hilltop. I sat from sunup till 1:30 in the afternoon and did see 22 deer, only 2 spikes. I also wonder if some people hunting the private ground didn't shoot their does early just to get it over with?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Very quiet on SGL 36, Monday, Tuesday, Weds. and Sat.

Got one day left ( this Saturday ) going to try a
different game lands.

" I think you better call John cause it doesn't look like
they're here to deliver the mail."
Neil Young " Powderfinger"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page