where are all the deer going? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

where are all the deer going?

a few yeaars back on the first day of rife season i saw around 60 to 80 deer and this was from sitting the morning, drives during the day and sitting at night, ive been out 3 times this year and havent even gotten a good look at a deer. im not complaining, oh well. but i think way to many doe are being harvested and its getting harder to see deer. i mean kids wont even be interested in hunting pretty soon if you have to be in the woods for a week to see a deer lol.
everything is getting so posted up and all the gamelands are turing into a pumpkin patch, in a few years i dont think ill have many options for gun hunting. id rather see a ton of doe and not be able to shoot one then to see one and be able to whack it.

give em the shaft!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: where are all the deer going?

I cannot agree more than how to wrote this. I've hunted opening day and tuesday and my cousin and I saw NO deer at all. How can anybody defend what the game commision has done is beyond my understanding. All these seasons have broken up the tradional deer camps....and for what??? Bigger racks? Less deer??? We, as human beings, always ruin what nature has given us to enjoy. Leave nature alone, its been here before us and will be here after we are gone....
post #3 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by townhunter101
a few yeaars back on the first day of rife season i saw around 60 to 80 deer and this was from sitting the morning, drives during the day and sitting at night, ive been out 3 times this year and havent even gotten a good look at a deer. im not complaining, oh well. but i think way to many doe are being harvested and its getting harder to see deer. i mean kids wont even be interested in hunting pretty soon if you have to be in the woods for a week to see a deer lol.
everything is getting so posted up and all the gamelands are turing into a pumpkin patch, in a few years i dont think ill have many options for gun hunting. id rather see a ton of doe and not be able to shoot one then to see one and be able to whack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by townhunter101
Couldn't said it better, completely agree! Hunters are partly to blame, just because they tell us we can so does doesn't mean we have too.

Scentblocker Advisory Member
Birchwood Casey Advisory Member
Wild Ear Advisory Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM

I have hunted from many years and several states and never seen 60-80 deer in one gun season.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #5 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

yeah i agree with a lot of you guys. this has been a rough season although i did shoot a doe normally pass after all i dont walk in 2 miles and climb the mountain for a doe but times are tough finacially as well this year so down she went. saw 6 the first day havnt seen any since. the doe season definitly should be back to three days state wide. and for over populated areas increased bonus tags...imo.
post #6 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:40 PM
The Man

During the entire archery season I seen not one deer! In the area I hunt thats very unusual. Then come the first day of rifle I see 11 total. After Monday my father has seen a total two deer. On that note, I will probably not be using my doe tag.

John-LifeNRA http://www.NRA.org
YOU NEVER KNOW! Words from my Father!
post #7 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Part of the Community

It must b just in certain areas...this has been a banner year..I have seen more big bucks than ever killed my best Buck ever...I think the mountain regions are poor these day's from overkill...so I agree to make those areas 3day doe

the harder the are to locate..the more i like hunting em
post #8 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Part of the Community

I havnt ever seen 60-80 deer in one day...u sure it wasn't the same ones running circles around you?

the harder the are to locate..the more i like hunting em
post #9 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 PM

I did see far more bucks in OH and PA than I did does.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #10 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i have been out six days now dark to dark on game lands and have yet to see a single deer,i only herd three shots the entire week,way to go gc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page