Perry county -Reports? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Perry county -Reports?

Hunted Monday and tuesday from our camp in Perry. 7 guys , 2 doe seen! I didnts see a deer. I get way off the road up a holow and i didnt see another hunter, that may be the problem. Very little shooting, very few hunters. Several different buck are known to be around camp, seen them spotting and during archery but we cant find them now. Heading back up tomorrow, hopefully more pressure will move deer saturday. Baesd on what we saw spotting just prior to opening day i was excited, saw alot of deer and alot of bucks chasing...the ratio has to be close to 1 to 1, we saw more bucks spotting than ever before and some real nice ones. How did everyone else fair in Perry, western Perry in particular.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Perry county -Reports?

Hunte pike this week but my dad said not much shooting were headed up tomorrow with a bunch of guys til wed. we do
pretty good

4b 5c
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

have not been out yet since i only have doe tags left but from what i am hearing its a good thing. dad hunted till noon monday and didnt hear a shot. went back in at 3 and on his way in heard his 1st shot and a small broke into the field. said the deer picked him up and went right back in the woods. said it was small and prolly not legal.

deer should be movin sat with bein able to shoot doe and people doin some drives. cant wait cause our ground is like a preserve when the neighbors get to whackin at em.

good luck

GET SOME BOYS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 12:41 AM

Much of the same on our property in Perry. We have a lease and with no mast crop and very limited browse we are just not seeing the deer we saw on the cameras over the summer. Between four hunters we saw one shooter buck and five does over three days. My hope is the guys pushing properties near us for does this weekend will move a shooter or two our way.

GBJ
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 11:45 AM
New Arrival

Have only been out Monday, tuscarora SF, only saw 3 which is way less than a normal first day, usually see 10 plus. I think it had to do with being so warm, guys are sitting tight and not moving. Should be better tomorrow, gonna be chilly.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Tons of shooting (over 150 shots by 10am) at my place outside newport..so much I had to recheck the regs to see of doe was in. Not many people movin deer yet this week though. Saturday should be a good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page